Chapter 1---An Ordinary Day

Chapter 1-An Ordinary Day

LOL Company, the craziest company ever, which only have three workers working in its Human Resource department. “5 minutes later, briefing, please be ready.” The head of department, Fernando, instructed. Shon and Kev nodded. 

“It’s crazy time again.” Kev sighed.

“I really have no idea why this rich firm don’t want to employ more workers for our department. Damn it!” Shon said. 

“You have forgotten that LOL is famous with driving its workers crazy for no reason.”

“It’s time to go. Otherwise, the mad guy is going to kill us.”

*************************

“I think you guys are supposed to know that, now, is the time that LOL will heavily recruit people from outside. So, I hope that you guys were able to cope it well” Fernando said seriously. “Well, so far, we have received two thousands résumés from outside and I want you guys to look through all of them and find out the best of the best. And do research on those best of the best. Clear?”

“Fine.” Kev reluctantly answered.

“Well. What’s the deadline?” Shon asked.

“Next week. That’s all for this briefing. You guys can go.”

Shon and Kev weren’t shocked at all when they found that they were going to take such heavy workloads as employee having heavy workload in this firm is the norm and tradition of LOL. The worst thing is that the relationship between their workloads and their salaries are negative. The heavier the workloads they have, the lower the income they get. Sounded weird? But it is the truth. However, Shon and Kev dared not to change their job as it is not easy to find job in Massachusetts. Without wasting time, Shon and Kev promptly left the meeting room with a large box of résumés and went back to their own places to start their crazy, dull and boring works. Shon and Kev would work on one thousand résumés respectively. 

Some sort of vibration sent from his thigh interrupted Shon when he was about to read the first out of the one thousand résumés. He took out his mobile phone and looked at the screen, it’s written “One message received”. 

“Mr. Gaston Shon, don’t know whether I have a precious chance to enjoy my dinner with you tonight. ” 

“Oh my goodness! It’s my pleasure and my honor to have dinner with you.” Shon sent and grinned at the same time.

“I am so glad. ^_^ So, where should we meet and have dinner?” his phone received. 

“ ILU Cafe. 7p.m. See you. ”Shon replied, then continued his boring task.

By the time which all employee can happily go back home, Shon had only finished looking through 250 résumés, so he definitely have to burn midnight oil tonight. But, taking a glance at his watch, he did not forget that he has more important thing to do, dinner. 

“Hey, Kev, I gotta go. Take your time.”

“Well. So do you.”

*************************

ILU Cafe

Shon was sitting at one table nearby the window and reading newspaper while waiting for someone. After a while, a young woman wearing stylish office wear who caught people’s attention in the Cafe walked in and approached Shon’s table. 

“Hey, Rose.” Shon said and pressed his lips against the woman’s lips. “Take a seat, darling.”

“How was your day, Shon?” 

“It’s so bad as I may be not able to spend time with you for this entire week as I received a damn heavy workload today and I think I have to burn midnight oil frequently ” Shon looked gloomy, holding his girlfriend’s hand. 

“It’s fine if I have no one accompany, dear, but I am afraid that they are going to spoil your health.” 

“I will take care of myself darling and even if I am sick, I still have you to take care of me. ” Shon grinned sweetly. 

“Don’t say that. I want you to be healthy all the time.” Rose uttered seriously, putting her index finger against Shon’s lip as she really don’t want him to be sick.  

“Well, what do you want ?....I... mean for dinner?”

“I want YOU for the rest of my life and I want beef steak for dinner. ”Rose replied wittily.

*********************

Hit ‘VOTE’, drop a COMMENT, and add this novel to your READING LIST If you found this story ENJOYABLE!!! By the way, please point out any grammatical error that I had made through commenting or posting on my message board! Thank You!!!