Chapter 11---Planning

Chapter 11- Planning

Last night, after 3 hours of intense and crazy shopping, Rose and Shon straightly went to bed without showering. They were over-tired maybe. And today, as usual, working, having dinner together. After having dinner, they went home to do special thing. To do the thing that they never think that they would do. Do research and planning for their five days and four nights trip to Australia. 

Both of them were sitting on the bed and slipped under their pink duvet. Shon put his hand around Rose’s waist and staring at the screen of Rose’s laptop, seeing what Rose did. His role was to provide some opinions and suggestions to Rose while Rose’s role was to do the main research and planning. Wherever you want to go, I want to go. Whatever you like, I like. I will always follow you but If you want me to contribute some ideas, I will definitely do. Shon had told Rose earlier. 

Rose fired up Google Chrome, google page popped out, thinking of where should she start with? 

“Dear, where should I begin with? ” She always ask Shon whenever she was lost. Luckily, Shon is good at doing research. 

“We can start with a general cities research to find our main city to visit and then only narrow down to places to visit in that city.” Shon explained in a professional manner. There are a lot of benefits of knowing how to do research, Shon had thought when he decided to major in Human Resource Management.  

“Agreed.” Rose typed Top 10 Must-go places in Australia into the Google’s bar and hit search. Rose clicked the first result found. First place suggested was Sydney. “Sydney? The place seemed very familiar! This place is frequently came out in plenty of movies. Isn’t it fabulous?”

“It’s fabulous. A famous site for movie filming.” 

“Yaaa....I remember that one of my favorite movie, comedy drama, Accidents Happen is filmed in Sydney too.” Rose uttered excitingly. 

“And Mission Impossible: II, my favorite movie was filmed in there too ” Shon recalled as looking at a few pictures of Sydney shown in the website. 

“It’s sweet and fantastic to visit the place that had appeared in the famous movies especially our favorite movies, isn’t it?”

“I couldn’t agree with you anymore! I didn’t even think that I have an opportunity to the places that had appeared in my favorite movie. We should seriously consider this place. Search Sydney in Wikipedia see.” 

Rose did as she was told. “ Sydney is the state capital of New South Wales and the most populous city in Australia.” Rose read aloud the main point from the article of Wikipedia. “ The city is built on hills surrounding Port Jackson which is commonly known as Sydney Harbour, where the iconic Sydney Opera House and the Harbour Bridge feature prominently. Sydney often ranks highly in various world cities rankings” 

“I think Sydney is a good place according the details provided by Wikipedia. Most populous city in Australia. This means the city is very, very huge and having good transportation, plenty of shopping centers which suited you as well as many tourist spots.” Shon analyzed as if they were going to immigrate to Sydney. 

“I think so. After my serious consideration, I decided to go to Sydney. What do you think? Agree? ” Rose uttered seriously, gazing into Shon’s eyes. 

“Sold. Why not? Wherever you want to go, I want to go. Besides, I definitely want to the place that had brilliantly featured in my favorite movies.”

“Always love you.” Rose kissed Shon, as she was glad that Shon gave her the power to decide. 

“Well. Now, narrow them down. The places we shall visit in Sydney. What’s your idea?”

“We must go the famous tourist spot. Let me search.” Rose said, typing ‘famous tourist spots in Sydney’ and hit search. “The famous tourist spots are Sydney Harbor Bridge and Sydney Opera House. These two places we must visit! They are simply fabulous and gorgeous.”

“As they frequently appeared in famous movies apart from tourist spots.” Both of them chorused, then chuckling. 

“In the five days, we can only travel for four days because we probably have to check out from the hotel and left Australia in afternoon of the last day. So, Sydney Harbor for day one, Sydney Opera House for day two. You choose another two places, okay? That’s only fair for you.” Rose elucidated.

“Deal. Scroll down the page. Let me see.”

Rose scrolled down the website and one place captured Shon’s attention. Glebe:  book-wormish inner-city village. “We can spend our day three to this suburb. Huge library at here. Immerse ourself in Australian style of romance fiction and their culture. And I know you will like it.” 

“Deal. Whatever you like, I like.” Rose playfully mimicked Shon. 

“And our day four can spend at beach. Scotland Island. Watching blue sky and blue sea. Feeling cold breeze. Swimming. Fishing. What a luxurious and enjoyable day!”

“Yeah! Research finished! Everything is ready. Just waiting for time to fly. I just can’t wait for the trip!!!” Rose yelled in a joyful voice. 

Shon grinned. He didn’t say one word. Just enjoyed in looking at how happy his girlfriend was. If Rose was glad, Shon was glad too.   

___________________________To Be Continued____________________________

Hit ‘VOTE’, drop a COMMENT, and add this novel to your READING LIST If you found this story ENJOYABLE!!! By the way, please point out any grammatical error that I had made through commenting or posting on my message board! Thank You!!!