Chapter 12---Planning (2)

Chapter 12- Planning (2)

Rose and Shon decided to embark their journey to Sydney on this weekend till Wednesday of next week. They would be taken the flight to Sydney on this Friday. Today was Wednesday. Rose and Shon had to take three days leave. This wasn’t a problem for Shon as the crazy recruitment period for the firm was over and he still have annual leave that haven’t burned. On the other hand, it’s a big problem for Rose as she didn’t have any more annual leave and it’s too immediate for her to take leave. According the firm’s rules, if employee want to take leave for more than one day, employee have to send letter to Human Resource Department one week before unless it’s emergency. Rose was in trouble. 

Traveling is not an emergency. Rose thought, at the same time, cursing those people who set the rules of the firm. 

“What’s wrong with you, Rose? Don’t you want to go for travel soon? So, why still looks so distraught? ” Charlie nervously asked.

“Haizzz....you know, my annual leave is finished for this year and I can’t take leave for more than three days as I didn’t send letter to HR one week before, according to the damn rules. Crap.”

“Oh I see....Have you discussed with Jonathan ? ” Jonathon, the head of department of accounting. 

“I did. He just said it’s the rule. Everyone has to conform.”

“Still a useless bastard ” Charlie shaking her head. 

“Any alternative, charlie?” Rose asked pitifully. 

“Let me think.” Charlie uttered. “Yaaa....I got a solution for you! ”

“Go on” Rose instantly became fully awake. 

“Ask the leave from Mr. Rex. Ask for his permission. I happened to remember that you chatted jofully and friendly with him at my birthday party. You guys chatted as if you two know each other for a long time.” 

“What?!” Rose’s mouth wide opened, surprised at Charlie’s suggestion. “No way. Are you insane?”

“This is the only solution I can think. You should give it a try. Or you want to abandon the trip and let Shon travels alone?” Charlie intimidated. 

“Of course I don’t want to abandon the trip. But...”

“No ‘but’. Just do it.”

“What if he don’t allow me and scold me instead?”

“How could you know the result exactly without even trying? Trust me. You have to do this for Shon. For yourself. There is no other way unless you resign.” 

“Well. I will go now. For Shon.” Immediately, she left accounting department and took elevator to the top floor of the building. 

When the elevator reached the top floor and the door open, Rose firstly saw one huge desk and two woman sat behind the desk. The entire floor is manager’s room. The inner building is elegantly designed. Rose reached the counter and before she opened her mouth to speak, one of tihe women spoke. 

“May I help you?” The long hair blonde asked. 

“I want to meet Mr. Rex, please”

“Did you make any appointment with Mr. Rex?”

“No...”

“I am sorry if you didn’t make any appointment, I can’t help you.”

“It’s an emergency, please tell Mr. Rex.”

“Okay. Plese wait for a while.” The blonde disappeared before her to inform Mr. Rex and she appeared again after a while “You may enter to Mr. Rex now. Go ahead till the end and turn right.” 

“Thank you.” Rose thanked politely, heading to Mr. Rex’s office. She softly knocked the door of Mr. Rex’s office when she reached. 

“Come in.” Mr. Rex instructed with a serious voice, sitting at his working table with with his eyes staring at the monitor. Rose entered. Damn it! His office is gigantic. Two times bigger than their accounting department. Rose thought, standing at the doorway of the office. 

“May I help you, Ms. Rose” Rex’s voice changed from serious to relaxful. Obviously, he became glad immediately after seeing Rose. Rex was staring at Rose. 

Rose blushed as she found that Mr. Rex was looking at her. “I have encountered some problem and hope you can help me.”

“Sit here, Ms. Rose ” Mr. Rex pointed at the chair that was placed opposite to the chair he was sitting. “Interesting. An issue that needs manager to solve. Sounded like a big issue. You may go on, Ms. Rose.” Mr. Rex smiled. 

Rose took a deep breath to gather her courage. 

“Well. I have planned to go for a short trip started from this Saturday till next Wednesday. But I didn’t manage to send a letter to HR to ask for leave one week earlier. And you know the rules. My annual leave is finished as well. So, I am here to ask for your permission for me to take leave, please, Mr. Rex.” Rose explained her problem. 

“Oh I see. Interesting! It’s my first time having staff asking me to solve such a cute problem.” Rex teased. 

“I know it is ridiculous but I find no ways.”

“Well. Every single employee knows that this is the rule. No one is allowed to violate the rule. I am not an exception too.” Rex became serious out the blue. A classical manager’s response. 

“I am sorry.” Rose’s eyes was watery, turning her back to leave the office. She found that Rex was very unfamilliar. He wasn’t the friendly and nice Rex who she got to know at Charlie’s party. 

“Wait, Ms. Rose, I haven’t finished my words.” Rex said calmly. 

“I can help you but on one condition.” Rex added.    

_____________________To Be Continued_______________________

Hit ‘VOTE’, drop a COMMENT, and add this novel to your READING LIST If you found this story ENJOYABLE!!! By the way, please point out any grammatical error that I had made through commenting or posting on my message board! Thank You!!!