Chapter 3---Every Cloud has a Silver Lining

Chapter 3 - Every cloud has a silver lining

Shon and Rose was lying on their bed after having sex. Shon was even exhausted compared to before but both of them got the pleasure. Staying quiet, both of them were staring at the ceiling while Shon was embracing Rose. 

“Ya, forgot to tell you that Charlie invited us to her birthday party on this coming Saturday. ”

“It’s great....but...I can’t make it as you know...”

“But how can we reject her, you know, she is my really, really good friend.”

“Well, I didn’t ask you not to go. I mean I can’t go with you”

Quiet. Rose said nothing. She was slightly disappointed and irritated at Shon. It’s because Shon was always accompanied her to her friends’ birthday party since they fell in love. 

“I am sorry, dear, you know, I have to finish my work before the next Monday and it’s plenty. ” Shon muttered when he realized that Rose was frustrated. 

“I understood. I will go by myself. ” Rose spoke, deadpan. 

Rose moved her body, letting her back facing Shon. She was imagining how lonely will she be on the would-be party.

“Do you think the job you do now is worthwhile?” Rose asked, breaking the dead silence in the room. “Sacrificed your free time and got a small amount of money in return. ” 

“I don’t know.” Shon replied coldly, leaving the bed and strolling to the balcony.

Rose, still, staying in the bed. Shon was always unhappy whenever Rose doubted his job.  

“I know, I am incapable of getting a high-income job. I can’t buy you anything that you want. I’m useless. I am sorry, Rose.” Shon said despondently. 

“Shon, you know, right? I don’t demand you to buy me everything that I want. I just want you to spend some time with me.That’s would be enough. I just felt unworthy for you that having too much workload. Your employer are abusing you! I am concerned about your health too. ” Rose explained in soft low voice, tightly hugging Shon from behind. 

“Thank you for being considerate...trust me, I will fight for a job promotion or job shifting. Promise you, I will spend more time with you in the future.”

Rose nodded, beaming.

“Go sleep now. Otherwise, we will be late tomorrow.”Shon said as if nothing had happened. His resiliency is damn high.

*************************

LOL Company. Lunch Time. Cafeteria

“Are you fine, Shon? You looked damn tired.” Kev asked.

“Well, I just got not enough of sleep last night.” Shon sighed.

“So how was your task?” 

“Another half to go. And research haven’t done. What’s about you?”

“Same here. Our weekend is definitely going to be boring.”Kev grumbled, shaking his head. “It’s okay for me, but, are you okay with it?”

“Not okay at all. Rose’s friend invited Rose and I to join her birthday party. But i told Rose that I can’t make it. So, we argued. ”

“Is it resolved eventually?” 

“Sure. But I felt sorry for her. I can’t even do something that a boyfriend basically should do.”

“If this kind of situation keeps going on, I scared your relationship with Rose is not going to last long. This job often makes you have no time to accompany your girl. You better change your job. ” Kev advised.

“I also want to change my job if I can. You know, it’s not easy to find job.”

“Well, there is another alternative for you.”

“What?”

“Join LOL’s internal recruitment. Get your job position shifted or get into other department in which one’s workload is lighter.”

“You are right. I should give myself a chance to get out of this crazy department.”

“So, eat faster now. Later, we go register.”

Shon and Kev quickly finished their lunch and went to register to take part in the recruitment plan designed by the top management of LOL.

Every cloud has a silver lining. Is it true? Is it true for Shon and Rose?

______________________________________________________________________

Hit ‘VOTE’, drop a COMMENT, and add this novel to your READING LIST If you found this story ENJOYABLE!!! By the way, please point out any grammatical error that I had made through commenting or posting on my message board! Thank You!!!  

 Next update: Chapter 4 on 9/2/13