X : Trust Is Earned, Not Given

"sometimes, people aren't worth to be trusted"

⚠︎ TW : major character death

Grian smiled off the tower of Las Nevadas. Tommy on his right, Quackity on his left, Wilbur on Tommy's right. Wilbur and Quackity have settled their arguments and are now just as tired as the other two. The sun was gently setting and the streetlights all, one after one, slowly began to turn on. Grian let out a deep sigh and turned over to Tommy, who was staring at the horizon, as if he was waiting for something to happen. Wilbur walked over to Quackity and rested his head on Quackity's shoulder, (a/n : yeaa, let's get some TnTduo in here lmao /hj) who let out an annoyed huff in response.

Tommy smirked at the two others and turned around to face Grian. "They're so gay." he whispered and pointed over to Quackity and Wilbur. A smile crept up on Grian's face and he nodded excessively. "Kiss already!" Grian groaned jokingly and grinned over at the two. As an response, he got a death glare from Wil and an annoyed sigh from Quackity. "All worth it" Grian laughed breathlessly and Tommy joined in shortly after. "Hmph, you got some quotes for us, Wilbur?" Quackity looked up at the man, eyes sparkling with excitement, yet he kept a straight face. Tommy tilted his head in confusion and Grian's face turned into a confused frown. "Oh, why wouldn't I?" Wilbur smirked, nodding down at Quackity. "Hmm, what about.. trust?" Tommy's eyes widened and Grian just got even more confused.

"Better to trust the man who is frequently in error than the one who is never in doubt."

Tommy let out a shaky sigh and looked at Wilbur, who had his eyes closed.

"Trust has to be earned, and should come only after the passage of time."

Tommy slowly nodded, he seemed to know what Wilbur was talking about. It was very.. philosophical.

"We are all selfish and I no more trust myself than others with a good motive."

Grian looked over at Quackity, who was eagerly waiting for Wilbur to continue.

"The trust of the innocent is the liar’s most useful tool."

To Grian's suprise, Tommy started to talk along with Wilbur.

"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time."

Wilbur smirked, hearing Tommy talk along with him made him.. happy.

"In this world, there is nothing scarier than trusting someone. But there is also nothing more rewarding."

Tommy's voice grew more quiet by the second. It made Grian anxious, thinking something was about to happen.

"The senses deceive from time to time, and it is prudent never to trust wholly those who have deceived us even once."

Tommy sighed. "Ah, so you didn't forget those, huh?" Wilbur smiled, it looked forced, yet somewhat genuine. "mh, how could I forget them? You told them to me every single day until you went apeshit and got them mixed up, you got so frustrated; so you stopped." Tommy sighed and pushed the thought of this dark era aside. "Hm, I didn't think you'd remember them, since you usually block out all thoughts about pogtopia." Wilbur grinned, and Tommy rolled his eyes in response. "Whatever" Tommy locked his eyes back on the horizon, ignoring the sick smile that was tugged on Wil's face. Grian huffed, sort of amused by the bickering of the sibling like relationship that Wilbur and Tommy had. Then, Quackity started talking to Wil about something, and Tommy chimed in from time to time. Grian was so to say 'on his own', so to pass the time, he studied the sunset.

It was orange like, almost as if someone painted the sky in an orange color. The sun was setting behind the water, and the stars began to slowly show. Some clouds were making their way across the sky, adding onto its unforgettable atmosphere. Grian was very focused on the sunset, he found it pretty astounding. Well, that was until Tommy nudged Grian's arm. He let out a confused noise as he looked over to Tommy. The boy was grinning as he pointed over at Wil and Quackity, who were hugging. A smile formed on Grian's face, "Aww, they're so cute!!" he joked breathlessly. He got another death glare from Wil, apparently he heard him. A few minutes went by, and they all joked around; farming death glares from each other.

Grian thought it being not-violent for once, was pretty cool. They were pretty chill people to hang around with actually, if they aren't sword dueling / fighting right now. Well, it didn't really matter at the moment. "Hey, Grian!" his head snapped towards Quackity, who was smirking in his direction. Grian let out a hum in response, and waited for the joke to hit him. "D'You trust me?" that was absolutely not what Grian expected. Tommy tilted his head, waiting for Grian's answer. He let out a row of confused noises, but then came to conclusion. "No." Quackity's eyes widened, "W-wait, what?" Grian looked back at him, he was keeping a straight face. "I don't trust anyone, in fact. I've learned not to." Grian flinched at his own words, a sad smile tugged on his face, but he didn't let it show. "W-wait, we tell you our secrets and you don't even trust us?!" Grian sighed, they aren't gonna understand.

"If I told you, 'jump off a building, don't worry, nothings gonna happen', would you?" Grian scoffed, he didn't really wanna come off so harsh, but he just.. did. The three others looked at each other and collectively shook their heads 'no'. "See? You don't fully trust me neither." Grian spoke, he cut his story short and looked back at the horizon. The others stared at him in disbelief. "What? You need 'a take a chill pill man, there's not that much behind it." Grian rolled his eyes, he was basically just annoyed now. "Hm, so that's your philosophy?" Wilbur chimed in, annoying Grian only more. "Well if you wanted to call it that, sure." Grian sighed and gave in. "Just, forget it, alright?" Apparently Grian's problems stay just Grian's problems.

"Well? Is anyone gonna say anyth-.." Grains fit was cut short as he felt a sword glide through his skin. He let out a squeek and looked up at the person who stabbed him. Clutching his chest, a quiet chuckled escaped his mouth. "Wow,, took.. took you long e-enough.." He scoffed and looked into their cold eyes. He faced Tommy's back who was presumably hugging himself. Wilbur smirked, there was a glint of regret in his eyes, but mostly just sadistic insanity, and Quackity, well, he looked Grian directly in the eyes, straight face, sick smile tugged on his face. Grian's vision clouded, the black consuming him slowly. "Never trusted you anyways. I saw this coming." Grian joked, Quackity eyes widened, as did Wilbur's. "Ah, don't worry, I didn't if that makes you feel better." Grian fell to the ground slowly drifting off to enternal sleep. "Sorry for your hoodie, Tommy by the way." and with that, and a quiet chuckle may I add,
Everything turned

Black.

[1220 Words in Total]