Part XIX - A Special Episode

"Hey, do you think we can talk?"

"Oh uh, yeah. How did you know where to find me?"

"Colin, we dated for at least 4 years. I know too much about you."

He opens the door and it's surprisingly clean.

"Did Violet make you hire some kind of maid? You never cleaned when i was over,"

"Uh no, I cleaned. She asked me to, so... I did,"

"You really can change," I scoff, my eyes watering, I sit down on the couch.

"Why did you come to see me Sky? I- I realize now how shitty I've been-"

"I don't want your apology, I'm glad you're changing, but I'm not interested in keeping you in my life any more than I already have. I came to talk and tell you what's been happening because of your actions. Your girlfriend has sent her fans after me and Ruby, Ruby attempted to kill herself, and because of this entire situation she's lost many good friends. I don't expect you to care, but I need you to understand. And I need you to tell Vi to transfer out of our runway group, and apologize. And not only on her channel. Can you grasp that?"

"Ah... wow. You can really speak up for yourself now, maybe it's a good thing I left y-"

"Don't finish that sentence. And don't forget I was the one that broke up with you this time."

He stays quiet and his foot is tapping on the floor,

"Uh, can I offer you anything? We've got soda, water? Anything for my best ex," he laughs awkwardly.

"No thank you, I just wanted to sit and talk one last time,"

"Woah, you're really gonna shut me out for good this time?"

"Is that a problem?"

"Well, we're just an on and off thing. I assumed you'd still want to keep in touch or something,"

"No, I'd rather not. Besides, it looks like you're actually putting effort into your new relationship,"

"Heh, real tough girl you've grown to be. I wish I could get to know the new you,"

Despite holding a stern complexion this entire time, my stomach is filled with anxiety and dread. He's my first love, and I don't want to admit that I'll miss him. I'd give anything to break down in his arms, but I know he'll never be the person I need. He's proved that too many times.

"Just tell Violet about what I said, she hasn't answered my texts or calls. Can you do that?"

"Uh, for sure. Can I at least share one more meal with you? I uh, haven't had lunch yet. And you know I don't like to eat alone-"

"Not if it's taco bell,"

"No. Of course not, anything you want, it's on me."

"If you insist Colin,"

-

"Can we get 8 chicken samosas and a number 2? No drinks, oh actually! One Mango Lassi! Thank you so much!"

"You really are taking advantage that I'm paying huh?"

"Oh yeah, we're definitely getting dessert later too,"

"HEY I didn't agree to that-"

"You fucked up my metal health for years,"

"......Fair enough. But I didn't know you liked Indian food,"