Logging In

Dream's Pov

Nervousness flooded me as I laid back in my bed, knowing the fate I had just proposed to me and my friends that we had all accepted. We could die at any time starting 9 am tomorrow, beginning from when we got coded in. I've practically just given us all a death sentence that we have a 60/40 chance of escaping. The thought of what I just did was terrifying: and all because I wanted oh so badly to save my two friends that were gone, when I had many friends here, safe. Though it wasn't the same as Sapnap and George: those two were the ones I'd stay up with to play games, and while Sapnap went to bed I'd stay on call with George for hours on end talking about the most random things. And at times when I couldn't talk to George, Sapnap and I would just hang around the house doing whatever we felt like.  They were just so much more fun to hang around with than the others. Though I did like the people safe and sound right now like Bad and Techno, they just weren't the same.

I let out an exasperated sigh. I can't believe what I just offered them, or more the fact that they agreed and practically just signed their lives away. I knew in my head, though, that they agreed because they had someone they wanted to save as well; or, some just wanted the thrill and a way to experience Minecraft in a whole new way. I knew most of us would rather have stayed home, but we cared too much about our friends.

A meow shook me from my thoughts, me seeing Patches standing at the foot of my bed. "C'mere Patches," I said softly. She walked over to me, allowing me to scoop her up in my arms and cuddle her. I could hear her lightly purring as I scratched behind her ears with a soft smile. I had about an hour left with her before my sister came to take her to her house, so I decided to make the most of it by cuddling my sweet cat. It could be the last time I do so after all, and I want to make sure Patches will hopefully remember me. I hoped that nothing would happen to me, I had a sister here and a cat whom I both loved to death, as well as great friends who like filming with me.

I continued to pet Patches, smiling at her softly. "Pretty kitty. You're a good cat, aren't you?" I only got a purr in response, but that was enough for me. By tomorrow I would be in a game that I loved but, I would be putting my life on the line.

The realization of what I was doing finally fully hit me. I was risking my entire life. I could die tomorrow. The only reason I was doing this was to save the two people that meant the most to me on the planet, one of which I'd never even seen in person. George and I were still strangers in that aspect, but it didn't matter now. If my thoughts were right, I would finally see George in person tomorrow. I'd get to see Sapnap as well, and my other friends that were trapped that I hadn't seen yet. Though my time to see them might be short-lived since there was such a large chance of me dying. The pain I could be putting my family through if I end up dying was a horrible thought; what would my sister do without me, she'd definitely be the first to find out if I died. The image of my family having to hear the news that I died hurt- I quickly decided to distract my mind by pulling out my phone and checking the list to see if my friends were okay.

I scrolled through the list once more, letting out a sigh of relief when I didn't see their names. I know I have good reason to be worried about them, but they're also really good at Minecraft, so I should relax a little about it.

Before I knew it, Patches had fallen asleep in my arms and was sleeping away happily. I smiled down at her and continued cradling her in my arms, allowing her to rest. Eventually, though, our time was cut short when I heard my front door open, signaling my sister was here. I sighed as I looked down at my cat with a frown. I wouldn't be able to see her again for who knows how long. Hopefully, it would be soon.

I lifted my head as my sister opened the door to my room, opening her mouth to speak but going silent when she saw Patches was asleep. I look back down towards my cat, stroking her fur softly. "I'm gonna miss you Patches," I whispered. I could feel my sister's gaze as she looked at me. "Where are you going, Clay? Why do I have to take Patches?" she asked. I sighed in response. There was no getting around telling her. "I know that sigh, Clay. What did you do?" I took in a deep breath. "Okay, I'll tell you, but you can't freak out or get mad." She nodded, and I braced myself before I spoke and told her what I was going to do. "Okay so I know what's happening to people in comas, George and Sapnap are in comas right now as well, and Mojang found a way to help them and gave me a chance to help them, they're trapped in a mass multiplayer survival Minecraft server and Mojang found a way to code me in to help save them. I said yes..." I waited for her response, and all she did was look at me with both fear and anger. "You are about to put your whole life on the line for two people!? You are about to possibly get yourself killed for them?? When are you going?!?" There was the reaction I expected. "Tomorrow."