Missing Warden

Quackity Pov

I can't believe everything that has been going on. First George and Sapnap get trapped in Minecraft, then Dream receives an email from Mojang, and now, suddenly, so many of my friends are trapped in a fucking video game. Karl had called me before he went in and told me where he was going, and he asked me to cover for him, so that no one found out where he went. I'm nervous, they could all fucking die in there, yet people went in willingly! The only reason why any of it started was that Dream's best friends got trapped, then Mojang's email came along and put so many people's lives at stake.

Those who're still at home have been doing lore and usual streams to keep fans from being suspicious. So far, no one knows that Mojang can code people into the game, and we want to keep it that way as long as possible. Mojang doesn't need unnecessary lives on the line, and honestly, I agree. It's dangerous just with the people already coded in; we don't need more people going in right now.

Currently, I'm doing a lore stream with Charlie, trying to make it still seem like everything's fine. I watched as Charlie's Minecraft character paced back and forth in front of me, hearing his voice fill my headset. "Quackity from Las Nevadas!" I turned my character to make sure it was facing him. "Yeah, Slime?" I asked, getting myself back into my canon character's mindset. "Why is everyone gone?" Charlie asked, and I mentally cursed myself for making this arc happen in the script while everyone was missing. "What...What do you mean, Slime?" I spoke in a tone that sounded uneasy.

We planned to say some issue happened regarding the stronghold; we were going to say that DreamXD had something to do with everyone's disappearance. "Well, Fundy from L'manburg and Purpled from UFO haven't been around in a while! I haven't seen Ranboo in a while either, and I haven't heard about Tubbo from Snowchester or Tommyinnit from nowhere in a pretty long time," he explained, speaking in a voice that sounded naive and curious. "Maybe...Maybe they're planning something?" I responded, pacing my character back and forth. "But, Quackity from Las Nevadas, isn't Fundy from L'manburg and Purpled from UFO with us? There isn't a reason for them to plan against us!" Charlie explained, and I let out a fake sigh.

Chat was going crazy; messages whizzed by of people speculating that people had actually cut off from social media for lore reasons, like how Techno had in a recent stream. I was glad they were buying our excuses so far; we didn't need anyone knowing what was really happening. "You're right. You're right. Slime, I'm going to check on something. Can you handle taking care of Las Nevadas for me?" I spoke, seeing his character nod aggressively at my question. "I'll make you proud, Quackity from Las Nevadas!" he cheered happily. I smiled in response to his reaction. "If anything is an issue for you to handle, go find Foolish, okay? He'll help you out. I'm going to go check the prison."

I turned out of the casino, walking my character down a large path Foolish had built a while ago. I was heading to a nether portal that would allow me to get to L'manburg quickly, not wanting to waste any time so I could get this stream over.

~~~

I arrived in L'manburg, immediately running to the prison. I put on my netherite armour, pulling out my axe as I walked over to the portal.

Entering the portal, I soon was greeted with the sight of the inside of the prison. "SAM!" I yelled out, looking around for the warden. Usually, he would've been at the front of the prison, but I couldn't see him anywhere. "SAM!?" I yelled again, now running around and frantically searching for him. No doors were open to prove that he was anywhere, and suddenly I was getting nervous. He was supposed to be in the stream! He knows the stream is today! He's supposed to be here and show me that Dream is missing too!

Frantically I begin screaming his name and calling for him in both the chat and the VC, unable to get a hold of him. On my phone, I quickly checked to see if he was in any of the VC's, but he wasn't. He wasn't even online. Looking back at my game, I called a final time for Sam, still unable to catch his attention.

I changed my screen on my stream, putting on a false smile as I looked into the camera. "Hey chat! So, that was an intense stream. I do have to do something, so I have to end pretty quickly, but I hope you enjoyed the lore! Go ahead and post your speculations for what's happening on Twitter, and maybe tag me in a few! I'll be sure to look at them, thank you for your support on the stream! Alright, I gotta go. Bye chat! Bye! Have a good rest of your day! Byeeee!"

I clicked the end stream button, letting out a sigh of relief and immediately joining Charlie's VC again.

"CHARLIE CHARLIE CHARLIE-" I yelled. "Quackity, what is it-?" I heard him ask in his normal voice, confused. "Are you streaming?" I asked quickly, earning a no in response. "Charlie, Sam isn't fucking here. He isn't even online on discord. He knows a stream was today, he wouldn't have fucked up the lore on purpose! Hell, he should be awake! Charlie, I think Sam is actually gone." He went silent, which is very out of the ordinary for him. "...Alex..?" he asked quietly, catching me off guard by using my real name. "Yeah, Charlie?" I responded, trying not to sound scared. "What are we going to do..? I know my character seems naive all the time; that's my design, and while it is basing off of me at times- Alex, I don't know what we're going to do right now. So many people could die! You guys are my friends, and so many of you guys have trapped yourself in a game that could get you killed! I'm fucking scared!"

I stared at my computer with a solemn look on my face. Charlie was right; what are we going to do?

"Charlie, besides the fact of him likely being in the game and being able to die, how are we going to keep up the charade that things are alright? I'm shocked chat didn't find out! I actually got genuinely terrified, screaming his name, unable to find him. I can't act that well! If anyone finds out what's going on, many lives will be on the line for no good reason! Charlie, so many people are in danger. What are we going to do?" I said back, now in a sort of frenzied panic.

I didn't know how to handle things, I was all out of ideas, and I wasn't sure how to solve this problem. I suddenly felt temporary relief the moment I heard Charlie's suggestion.

"Why don't we go talk to Philza..?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(1198 words)

APOLOGIES FOR THE VERY LATE UPDATE, I JUST DIDN'T HAVE MOTIVATION OR KNOW HOW TO CONTINUE AND THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER 11 I HAD WRITTEN (well, more like started-) DIDN'T WORK TO MY LIKING SO I WHIPPED THIS UP FOR YOU GUYS IN THE SPAN OF TWO SCHOOL FREETIME DAYS- 

Again, forgive me, I'm trying to get back on my weekly upload schedule but writers block is a pain in the ass, you know?  (or as bad would have said in that one video, a pain in the tuchus-)