A Silent Friend

(I should classify, unless stated otherwise this is told from Dream's Pov.)

A6d entered the small mushroom house, shutting the door behind him, and I looked up to see his Gamertag.

"Xemles...?" I asked, confused. He looked at me and nodded. "Yeah, I was a completely different part of the glitch. I'm assuming Skeppy informed you about the lore glitches and The Withered?" I nodded, waiting for him to explain why he got so upset when I attempted to call him by his normal username. "Well, The Withered would kill all of us if they could. All of us have targets on our backs, but me, especially. You know how many times I've been cancelled, how many people would want nothing more than to kill me. For some reason when I spawned, I was lucky. I wasn't under my normal Gamertag, I was under Xemles again. Hardly anyone knows me like this, so, if I only go by Xem, Vince, Vin, or Vincent, not many people are going to immediately understand that it's me. So, I'm safer. Plus, it's safer for everyone else if I just don't draw attention to myself, that way no one is ambushed. I just decode the code in chat. Basically we write in french and put it into enderman, thankfully me and Ranboo being able to help people with it, but there are designated people who know the code and usually type in it."

I nodded in understanding, he was trying to both help himself and others. "Okay, A- Vince. Hey, it's good of you to help with the code so others are safer." He nodded in response, then turning back to George. "You need to come up to the main base, as well as Dream and the other new players. We need to introduce them and give them their soon to be roles in this. They won't be sitting around, but I can already tell you, Techno is going to be a fighter. And Dream? Why don't we just assign you to protect our leader? Would that be okay with you, George?" I turned to face the Brit, and he just lightly gasp-laughed, making me chuckle. "I'll take that as a yes?" I asked teasingly. He laughed. "Well, I know you're going to do it anyway. Might as well." Despite his sarcastic demeanour, you could tell based on his smile that he was, in truth, wanting me to be his personal 'guard' as one would say.

"Now that two people's roles are sorted out, we better go and fix up the rest. Everyone who does any form or fighting or protection will need combat training or practice, so we need to figure it out as soon as possible," Vince muttered, exiting the house, us following closely behind. "I've already got a sword to protect you Georgie~ Don't worry too much," I said jokingly, him just huffing and lightly jabbing me with his elbow, but I could see the smile on his face.

Vincent led us down a torch-lined path, heading towards what looked to be a large hollowed-out mountain. Inside was plenty of tables and seats, or stairs and wood blocks I guess, as well as plenty of torches and lanterns lining the area to keep it well-lit. There were chests filled with what I can only assume to be food, and there were people everywhere just talking to each other and smiling. It was nice to see such a welcoming sight, considering what was happening around us. I guess being able to let loose for a bit would be calming. A small platform that was built out of wood sat at the back of the entrance to the place, the acoustics making it so if someone were to speak loudly back there, everyone would be able to hear in the structure.

"Dream, I have to go up there," George spoke, pointing to the platform I had just been looking at. I nodded, waiting for him to say more. "Just sit as close as you can up there, I'll have Skeppy get everyone else over here." I nodded and walked to go sit at one of the tables towards the front, looking around to see all the players.

Some of the people here were innocent kids- too young and unknowing to be here, yet here they were because they were too unfortunate to be playing at the wrong time. Some players I knew; so far I had been met with Vince as well as Dan, and looking upon the sea of people in the area I could see a few other recognizable names like TapL and SB_737. A small part of me hoped I'd see Sapnap in here, although I knew it was pointless. Currently, no one knew where he was, which was sad, but it would be okay. We'd find him soon enough.