A New Lead

I stared at the portal in awe. We had finally created a portal, so we had our chance right here to get to the nether.

"Dream, we should go in," I heard George say beside me. "George... Are you sure..? It'll be harder to protect you, I could manage doing it, but I still don't want you to get hurt," I spoke, worried about George getting hurt if we went in. He grabbed my shoulders and turned me to face him. "Dream, I want to go in."

I let out a sigh. If we went in now, without any form of protection, he'd likely die if we were in a bad spawn. If we came out in a soul sand biome, it would just be horrible and hard to get anywhere. If we spawned in a blue biome, endermen would be everywhere and likely to attack us. If we came out in a red biome, there'd be zombie piglins everywhere and the chance one of them were hit by us on accident would definitely get us killed. If we were by a fortress, blazes and wither skeletons would be why we died. There was always the possibility of a ghast attacking us, no matter where we came out. It would be even worse if we spawned by a bastion, we have no gold and the piglins would attack us, but the piglin brutes would attack us regardless.

"George, there are so many ways we could die if we go in right now. We at least need some sort of gold armour, that way normal piglins leave us alone, we need better weapons so we can fight back, and there's always the off chance we spawn in a soil sand biome and it'll take forever to get anywhere without soul speed boots," I explained, scared for the worst.  "I know we need to get in here, I know it, we need blaze rods, but I don't want you to die. I am supposed to be your protector, but even I don't know if I can fight off nether mobs. I want to be able to protect you, even I don't think I have what it takes to protect you here by myself. I'd feel at least the slightest bit better if you had armour." He looked at me with a face I could only describe as a mix of defiance and concern.

"Dream- Fine, I get what you mean. I don't know what the outcome will be either, but we won't know what's there if we don't go in. Though, you are right. We probably need to bring someone else in here with us. Maybe Technoblade?" he spoke, and I nodded. "I'd bring Sapnap if he were here..." I mumbled, shaking it off. "Come on, we should let everyone know we have the portal made. It's better they hear it from their leader," I spoke, him nodding in response.

We walked over to the horse, untying it and me picking back up the lead and fence. I helped George on, and climbed on the back behind him again. I grabbed ahold of the short reins that were attached to the slight muzzle that came with the saddle. I turned the horse around, heading back to the main base.

"Sorry I was so upset about trying to go in, I just don't want you hurt..." I apologized on the way back. "It's okay, Dream. I know why you were so worried. Usually, when I play Minecraft I die in the nether...I get why you're so nervous," George replied, making me feel a little better. Still, the slight feeling of regret haunted me. I had practically screamed at him, even though I really hadn't, but all he wanted was to find a way for us to get out of here. I couldn't help seeming gloomy on the ride back- my entire head was full of regrets. The regret of not letting George look for a way to get home, regret of bringing people in here and endangering their lives, regret of not finding Sapnap yet, the regret of leaving Patches, regret of leaving my family behind, regret of leaving my fans without telling them anything, regret regret regret. That's all I felt.

I had to bite my lip to keep myself from letting out a whimper. I didn't want to cry, not here, not now, not when I'm right behind George, taking him back to his temporary home until we get back to our real home. I couldn't cry, it was unfair for me to be able to but him not to. He was here longer, he had more stress than I did, he was the one leading everyone. And I...I was just his best friend. I didn't have a right to cry- I'm here by his side to protect him, because he's my friend, and I'm here to get us all out of here. It's not right to cry.