Self Reflection And Promises

"Hi Dream," they signed to me. "Hi Mega," I replied with a smile.

"Oh yeah, Mega works here- I kinda forgot," Ranboo laughed behind me. "Wait- Dream how'd you know what he said-?" Tubbo asked. "Oh, I learned sign language a while ago. I thought it would be helpful in case I ever met someone who was deaf or mute, guess it's helpful now, huh?" The bench trio nodded in agreement, Mega included. I smiled at him.

"So, Mega, how'd you get here? What happened with you?" I asked him. He looked at me and tried his best to sign without using sign names, since I wouldn't know who it was. 'Ask Z-a-k and F-i-n-n, and V-i-n-c-e-n-t. They were with me,' he signed, spelling out Skeppy, F1NN5TER and Xem's names. I nodded in response. "I'll ask them when we head back to the main area, thanks, though," I said with a smile. He nodded in response, then going back inside the blacksmith building and beginning to smelt ores.

"Well, guess we better be heading to check out more things. Now you've seen the smithing place, there's a few more buildings," Ranboo said, walking ahead of us. I led the horse to follow the half-enderman, trotting behind at a reasonable pace.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Well I guess that's everything, I should probably show you back to the main area then. Any questions or anything?" Ranboo spoke, me shaking my head in response to his question. "Alright, then lets head back. You want to see George, right, Dream?" I nodded this time, and he began leading us towards the housing area of the base.

Home base was quite nice- plenty of homes, kind people, good protection, and some people doing useful jobs like armoury/weaponry, as well as people guarding the base. Not to mention the people who go out looking for those we can't find, namely Sapnap. I hope we'd find him soon enough, but until then I have to stay strong for him. I'm now a personal guard for George, so I have something else to worry about instead of one of my best friends being missing. I let out a sigh, trying my best to stay calm. Yes, I was worried about Sap, but things would be okay.

"Well here we are!" Ranboo chirped, bringing me back to reality. I nodded and hopped off the horse, Tubbo following suit and going to stand by Ranboo. I grabbed the horse by the reins that had been with the saddle, guiding it towards the mushroom-style house. "Thanks guys for the tour," I said in a grateful tone before knocking on the door. The three walked off, and it was just me in front of George's door.

Soon enough the door to the house swung open, and George looked at me, confused. "Dream, who's horse is this-?" he asked. "Yours, now. It was mine, I got it from the village we raided. It's the fastest and jumps the highest, and it reminded me of the horse I was that time we did that plugin. I thought maybe it'd be a nice thing to give you once I saw you again," I explained, getting quieter towards the end of my sentence. "Well thank you, Dream. I'll only ride it if you ride with me, though." I laughed quietly. "Bad would have a heart attack if he rode with me again," I said in a joking tone. "Well, good thing I'm not Bad, and I trust you, Dream."

I looked at him in shock for a moment before my smile returned, and I decided we'd mess around a little. "Wanna go for a ride then?" I asked him, seeing a smile and a nod in response. I helped him up onto the horse, climbing on behind him and grabbing ahold of the reins. "Where to, your majesty?" I said jokingly, laughing a little. I heard him laugh as well, making my smile grow wider. "How about just everywhere? We can go outside the base when it's daytime," he suggested, and I followed his idea.

I turned the horse in a good direction, starting to allow us to feel slightly free for the first time in a while, just relaxing and laughing with each other. It allowed us to forget everything around us and just enjoy being together.

It was nice to be with my best friend. For right now, things are okay.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Skeppy Pov