Tears, Promises, And Plans

BadBoyHalo Pov

I laughed as I watched Fundy and Wilbur run around, glad to have some humour despite what was happening around us. We were in a world where every move was life or death; it was nice to laugh. However, I knew the laughing wouldn't last long. We had a lead on where Sapnap was now; I don't think that anyone is going to rest with the newfound knowledge of him possibly being in one of the most dangerous places in the world of Minecraft.

I saw Skeppy looking at me out of the corner of my eye. I could tell he was worried about me just from a slight glance at his expression; he looked guilty, and his face was in a frown, much different than his usual smile. I turned to face him, setting a hand on his shoulder. "Skeppy, come on. Let's go somewhere," I said gently, seeing him nod in response. I began walking in a direction away from the others, Skeppy trailing behind as I walked. I realized that we were heading towards his- no, our- house and decided it would be a nice place to sit and talk.

We entered the small area, shutting the door behind us. "Bad, why did you pull me away from the others?" Skeppy asked, and I turned to face him, sitting on my bed. "You looked worried," I said in a gentle tone. He looked at me with a slight smile. "I should've known you'd notice," he spoke quietly, it being very different than his usual loud and excited voice, only worrying me further. "What's wrong, Skeppy?" I asked, upset for my friend. I didn't care for seeing his face as sullen as it was; I was used to his energetic smile and happy words, not such a melancholy tone or act. He sighed in response, seeming even more gloomy. "I guess...I'm just worried about you," he spoke softly. "I mean, you willingly put yourself in the danger of literal death just because of me. If you were hurt, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself because it would be because of me. Who knows what I'd do if you died. You're my best friend. You always have been, and you always will be. I don't know what I'd do without you, Bad," he explained, making me want to cry for him.

"Skeppy..." I started, walking over to his side of the room. I sat on the bed beside him, the bed squeaking in protest, and hugged him tightly. "If I get hurt, it isn't your fault. I'm here because I wanted to be. After all, I wanted to protect you. You're my best friend too, so I want you to be safe. I logged in here because I wanted to be by your side. I wanted to help get you home. Don't blame yourself if I get hurt. I'm here to help you, Zak. If anything happens, it isn't your fault," I finished, calling him by his real name, so he knew I was serious. "Bad, I wouldn't be here if I hadn't decided I wanted to troll Finn! Because I wanted to be stupid, I'm stuck in this-this bullshit block game for who knows how long and every second either of us are here, the more likely we are to be hurt! If you get hurt, it's because of me!" he yelled out, and I watched as tears started to form in his eyes, a few slipping down his face. "It's my fault if you get hurt. I don't want you to be hurt..." he buried his face into my shoulder, mumbling something so quietly I almost didn't hear it. "I'm scared, Darryl..."

I was shocked at the sound of him using my real name, but it proved just how stressed he was. I squeezed him tightly, letting him cry. "It's okay, Zak, it's okay," I reassured, rubbing circles into his back. His hands gripped onto my hoodie, holding me there as if he was scared I'd disappear if he let go. I kept my arms wrapped around him, moving one up to rest it against his head. I brushed through his hair with my hand, attempting to soothe him and calm him down. "Things are going to be okay, Zak. You don't have to worry. I'm here to protect you, nothing will happen to you, and nothing will happen to me either. I promise," I spoke quietly. I heard a few sniffs from him, hearing his tear-stained voice speak in uncertainty. "You promise...?" I nodded in response. "I promise, Zak. And as soon as we get out of here, remember how we keep talking about a meetup? I'll make sure it happens. I will get on a plane and forget about how scary they are just to come to see you. I promise that. We will get out of here, don't worry so much about me. Can you do that for me?"