v. big boys

Hagrid carried Harry to the schools hospital with an army of Gryffindor's behind him, we all piled in and Madam Pomfrey shouted.

"Only close friends please." Shooing people out, "There's no need for the entire house." Only Ron, Hermione, the twins and Neville in the room. Along with other sick and injured kids. While we waited for Harry to wake up, I spotted the Hufflepuff seeker, Cedric Diggory, in one of the beds with girls crowding around him. I make my way over to see the boy.

Cedric was famous at Hogwarts, mostly with the girls. They all swooned over him as he walked past in the halls, they stared at him in classes and there was always a group lurking around him at meals. His looks matched with his Hufflepuff charisma made him an ideal partner, even some of the boys could agree, if they weren't jealous. I looked over a Ravenclaw's shoulder and saw him smiling, soaking up all of the attention he was getting. He made eye contact with me as I appeared.

"How hard did I hit my head? There's an angel in front of me." He gushes. He has a way with words too. The ultimate package. Heat grows in my cheeks as I get glares from the other girls, some murmuring to each other.

"Hello Cedric, how are you feeling?" Sudden confidence washes over me thanks to the girls jealousy.

"Better now." He smirks. The girl in front of me scoffs.

"Hey Clover, he's waking up." Fred calls out from Harry's bed. I start making my way over.

"See you around, Clover." Cedric calls from behind me. I send him a grin and continue blushing as I stand next to Hermione.

"What was that?" Ron whispers in my ear.

"I'm not completely sure to be honest, I kind of blacked out." I laugh, earning suspicious stares from everyone. "He looks like crap." I shift the attention back to our injured friend.

"Yeah just bit peaky." Ron agrees.

"What'd you expect? He fell over 100 feet!" Fred chimes in.

"Yeah, lets walk you off the astronomy tower and see what you look like." George scoffs.

"Probably better than he does now." Harry sits up on his elbows. "What happened? Who won?"

"Well, you fell off your broom!" Ron tells him.

"Really? No way?" Harry retorts sarcastically. "The match?"

"Well, no one really blames you Harry..." I start as everyone looks away, avoiding the topic.

"Dementors aren't supposed to come in the grounds. Dumbledore's furious, he sent them away." Hermione finishes.

"Um, there is something else you should know too, Harry." Ron stutters. Lifting Harry's snapped broom up for him to see. "When you fell, your broom sort of... blew into the Whomping Willow, and well..." He pulls it out of the blanket. Harry's face drops, completely devastated. Ron leaves the broom with Harry as Madam Pomfrey shoos us out of the hospital, telling us visiting hours are over.

⊱✿⊰

Weeks had passed since the Quidditch accident, and a few feet of snow completely covered the ground. There was another Hogsmeade trip and Harry and I were left at school again. I wrapped myself in multiple layers and decided to study outside, as a change of scenery from the hours I'd already spent in the common room, Harry had disappeared anyway. I was walking through the corridors when I spotted the Weasley twins, building a snowman. They started pointing to footsteps in the snow, walking up to them and then hoisting something up.

"Come on Clover. Help us." Fred looked over his shoulder. I didn't even realise he knew I was there. I readjust my scarf and follow them into a hallway. "Clever, Harry." He said to the empty space between the two. It hits me that Harry was using his cloak.