li. letters

Life at Hogwarts without Fred was beyond boring, not even my friends could get me excited. I spent most of my time sitting in the common room, studying while people spoke to me, not realising that I wasn't paying attention. Harry spoke to me like I was a diary, telling me each and every detail of whatever was happening in his life. Ron and Hermione would talk to me about each other and invited me out to each of their activities. It was when I was sitting at the Quidditch try-outs with Hermione did I realise how boring it all was.

"I've never understood Quidditch." I huff, burying my mouth into my Gryffindor scarf.

"Neither." Hermione glances up from her book. "But support is key."

"Please, you just want an excuse to look at Ron."

"Do not! Harry, Ron and Ginny are our friends. We should want to support them in whatever they enjoy doing. Even if it is as-."

"As boring as Quidditch." I finish with her, turning back to the group, hovering above the ground. "If you say so." We half payed attention to the try-outs, half daydreamed. I was able to catch some glances that Cormac McLaggen sent Hermione's way, as well as the spells she used to jeopardise him for Ron's benefit. Sitting in front of us was a familiar, frizzy head of hair, pushed back with a purple headband. Every time Ron did so much as breathed she clapped and cheered, earning eyerolls from everyone in the stands.

"Hey! She looks like you from behind." I nudge Hermione and gesture towards the girl.

"Are you seriously comparing me to Lavender Brown?" Hermione says in a hushed tone, glaring at me. I shrug half mindedly and turn back to the try-outs, trying to be entertained by the game playing out. Hermione huffed and puffed, too irritated to return McLaggens stares.

⊱✿⊰

To no ones surprise, Ron got the spot on the team. Hermione took credit for his success, not that she'd admit to it, I wished that she would especially with all of Ron's gloating and bragging about how amazing he was.

"Shut up, I could've done better with my eyes closed." I groan, dropping to the floor in front of the coffee table, pulling out a piece of parchment and a quill to write to Fred. In front of me, Hermione was reading the paper and Harry's nose was in his potions textbook, he told me something about it, but I was too zoned out in thought to actually listen to him.

'Fred,
I can't even try to process that there are still months before I get to see you, I miss you so much. It feels like time here at Hogwarts is going slower, my days are full of boredom without you. I can't even make fun of Ron without being reminded of how much I miss you. Harry and Hermione are boring as usual, both of them are reading as I write.'

I look up from my writing to see Hermione chasing Harry around the room, demanding he give her the textbook.

'I can't wait to see you, please be safe for me.
Love, Clover'

I finish my letter, folding it up into a envelope for Hedwig to take. I gave myself the privilege of using Harry's owl since I left Orchid, my cat, with my mother.

"Who's the Half-Blood Prince?" I ask, snatching it out of Harry's hand without him noticing.

"Who?" Hermione screws her nose up.

"This book is property of The Half-Blood Prince, that's what it says here." Ginny takes it out of my hands, showing Hermione. With one look at Harry I can tell he's not comfortable with us having the book.