xxxiv. interruptions

We started to make the Room of Requirement feel like an actual classroom, decorating it with newspaper article for motivation, art that some of the students made in their spare time, and I added a moving picture of Cedric laughing to the mirror that stood at the end of the room. I often caught Cho Chang watching it as she practised the spells Harry had taught us during the lesson. Ron, Hermione and I watched from the side as her and Harry started to get closer over time, sometime they would awkwardly flirt and sometimes they'd be brave enough to reach out to each other to touch. 

As our meetings progressed, Umbridge's suspicion grew. With more students joining Dumbledore's army and buzzing about the meeting and lessons, it was harder to keep the secret from the rest of the school. Every time Filch added a new educational decree to the wall, I stood between Fred and George watching the man shake on the top of the ladder, ultimately captivating an audience. The twins started collecting bets from students, ranging from if Filch was going to fall off the ladder, to which decree was going to be announced. Needless to say, they scabbed a lot of money off of unsuspecting first years. Harry mad the first official purchase from the twins, a heart shaped box of chocolates, which would fill the consumers face, for Filch. Fred said that the inspiration for the product came from the 'Angelina Love Potion fiasco', as George referred to it. 

"I don't think he'll eat them." I whispered, peering around the wall as Filch sat down in front of the box. 

"Want to bet?" Fred whispered back. I held my breath as Filch caved in and started shovelling the chocolates into his mouth, thinking that they were a gift from Umbridge. 

"Get lost." I mumble, slipping two sickles into Fred's outreaching hand. We watched as the mans hands reached up to his face and he ran off towards Umbridge's office. We sneaked behind him, as quietly as possible and as we neared the office we saw a long line of students waiting outside.

"Looks like she's still questioning." He mutters.

"It's like, ten at night! Doesn't she have anything better to do?" I turn to head back through the halls.  

"Obviously not." Fred quickens his step to walk next to me. "Are you staying here over Christmas?"

"Probably, that is what I normally do, if you haven't noticed."

"We'll I'm normally not here so it's not really possible for me to notice whether you are or aren't." He sasses back, causing me to stop walking and just stare at him. 

"Are you alright?" I laugh.

"Me? I'm better than alright." He turns to walk backwards, laughing with me.  

"You've gotten a bit cocky recently. Did you know?" 

"I've always been cocky. Now are you going to join me in the common room, or are you just going to stand there with your jaw on the floor." He smirks, still walking away from me. 

"With that attitude? I'm going straight to bed." I try to walk past him when holds his arm out, grabbing onto the sleeve of my robe and spinning me around to face him. He wraps his arms around my waist and I rest my hands behind his neck as he dips me down. 

"With that attitude? I'm going to-" He leans in to whisper to me, before being interrupted 

"Oh how I miss the days when I could walk through the hallways and not see you, Mr. Weasley and Miss May." Snape stares us down, Fred pulls me back up and we stand apart, severely humiliated. "I am obligated to remind you both of the decree stating that you two must not be within reach of each other. As well as the curfew that has been in place at Hogwarts for longer than either of you have been alive for."