lvi. love potion v2

Ron hadn't taken anyone's advice regarding his relationship with Lavender. At least that's what it looked like in the hallway. She was absolutely head over heels, still hugging him by the head and gushing over him. Ron on the other hand, looked as though she was holding a gun to his head. Hermione, Harry and I had come to a slow stop in front of the two, so disgusted that Hermione had stopped drilling into Harry about how much of a target he is at the moment. 

"Excuse me, I have to go and vomit." She wanders away slowly, obviously still bothered by the PDA. 

"I got it." I huff to Harry, turning on my heel to follow her, having to skip a few steps to match her fast pace. "Hermione! I thought you were a academic, not an athlete." I breathe heavily 

"An academic. And I am, but desperate times." She shrugs, turning into the girls bathroom. 

"Are you actually going to-?" I begin to ask, cut off by her hair whipping me in the face.

"Did you see them? They're so gross, can't they go somewhere private and not in the middle of the hallway! It's- it's so gross and... gross and off-putting!" She complains to me, pacing back and fourth, scaring all of the third-years out of the room. 

"Yes, very off-putting. I won't eat for weeks now." I add dryly, finding a wall to lean on while she continues her usual emotional spiel. 

"Thankyou. And to think that he just... just puts up with it! Ugh!" She growls, looking me dead in the eye.

"At least you know he doesn't think it's serious." I offer her some input. "He said it's just a high-school relationship. And he wouldn't bring her back home so..."

 "He's insane. That's the only logical explanation." She claps. "Otherwise why would he keep up this... charade."

"Hermione, I think you should relax." I try to grab her shoulders. "You haven't been this..." Frantic? Psycho? Borderline obsessive? I try to think of the perfect word, her eyes grow increasingly more impatient while I think. "Passionate. Yeah, passionate. Since Harry was being the best in potions."

"Don't you dare mention that day." Her eyes look crazy, eerily similar to Bellatrix Lestrange. 

"Okay, Lestrange. I won't mention that terrible day, as long as you promise not to murder anyone that looks in Ron's way." With that, she straightens her robes slightly and clears her throat. 

"Thankyou. Now, are you coming to Arithmancy or not?" 

"Psh! No. I have a free." I laugh, walking out of the bathroom without her. 

I lay on a stone bench, trying to soak up whatever sun is able to peak through the grey clouds, listening to Ron complain to Harry about Lavender right next to me. I tried to keep my patience, but there's only so much nagging  that a girl can take. 

"Ron, you know what you can do, literally right now, that would solve all your problems?" I sit up to tower over him in his seat. I make sure to keep my eyes pointed and my breath sharp. I watch him gulp in fear by my sudden sternness. 

"W-what." He tries to shuffle back but I just lean threateningly closer. 

"You could break up with that insufferable troll that we, including- no, especially you, seem to hate so much." I hiss between my teeth. I can hear Harry stifle a laugh beside me, snapping Ron out of his scared trance. 

"What has Fred done to you?" He laughs with a smirk, which he realises to be a big mistake when I reach down to grab him by the collar. 

"Do not mention your brother to me. We talk about you. Oh yeah." I nod hastily, reinforcing the fear in his eyes. "I know things that you'd never expect me to know, whether you like it or not."