xiv. dragons?

No one had spoken to Harry almost a week, mostly out of anger. Ron, and most of his friends, felt betrayed by Harry, he was already famous so why would he break the rules for eternal glory? Hermione was struggling to keep her friendship group stable, and I had just given up on talking to anyone. Cedric and I had a fight after he was chosen, and he had been avoiding me since. My health had started to get worse and I was trying my hardest to not let it show. I was sitting alone at breakfast on Sunday morning when Harry joined me.

"Are you feeling okay?" I mumble, looking down at my full plate, feeling too sick to take a bite.

"I could ask the same." He replies, I give him a small smile as we both stay silent for a moment. "I'll be fine but how are you actually?" He asks.

"I'm doing fine. Just stressed out, you know study and what not."

"Have you and Cedric spoken?"

"Not for a while, but he has things he has to do." I try and convince myself that I'm fine with it. I finally look up at Harry and see the dark circles under his eyes. "Are you scared for the tournament?"

"Yes, you heard how dangerous Dumbledore said it was, it doesn't seem like the most relaxing experience I'll have at Hogwarts." We both let out a soft laugh.  "I spoke to Sirius and Neville said he'll help me prepare."

"I'm here if you need me to help." I hold his hand, showing my support. I joined him to meet Neville at the Black Lake. Neville was standing in the water, amazed by the plants he was surrounded by, rambling on about the different species, the rareness of them and random facts.

"Why don't you just talk to him yourself?" I hear Hermione snap from behind us. We all turn our heads to look, Hermione is walking down to us with Ron and Ginny. Ron has a nasty look spread across his face. Hermione walks up to Harry as I give Ron a tired look.

"Ronald would like me to tell you that Seamus told him that... Dean was told by... Parvati that Hagrid is looking for you." She recalls. Harry looks at her, confused. "Please don't ask me to say it again, Hagrid's looking for you" She frowns, it was clear that the broken friendship was affecting her, she turns to walk back to Ron.

"Well you can tell Ron that-" Harry starts.

"I'm not an owl!" She yells at him, before leaving with Ginny, Ron trailing behind them.

"I might go back with them. I hope everything goes well with Hagrid." I wave to Neville and Harry and I run to catch up with Ron.

"He's a bloody got, isn't he. Selfish little-" Ron starts.

"Hey! Don't you think he needs a friend? He's only 14 and he's been put into a dangerous tournament against 3 older, more skilled, wizards." I defend Harry for him. Ron shrugs.

"Well he could've said something to us before he did it."

"You honestly think that Harry would do that? After the last 3 years he's had here?" I cross my arms.

"Whatever." He rolls his eyes. "Diggory is making his way over." He points up to the courtyard. Cedric is slowly making his way over, for once he is without his squad of Hufflepuff's. Ron leaves us to talk and I wait for Cedric to start talking.

"Clover I... I'm sorry." He pouts slightly, without a word I cross my arms. "Clover, you look sick. Can you talk to me?"

"Why? You don't listen to anything I say anyway."

"I do, there's no taking back what I did or what's happened. All I can do is ask for your support." He puts a hand under my chin, lifting my head up to look at him. "Please?" I nod slightly, wanting the conversation to be over. He wraps his arm around both my shoulders as we walk back inside of Hogwarts.