vi. library dates

Over the next few weeks, tensions got higher and everyone was aware of Harry's plan to kill Sirius Back. But no one had actually believed he'd do it.

"They're just mocking him, egging him on." I express my concern to Hermione as we study in the library. Harry was sending less time with us as Lupin had him training on defeating dementors, or at least minimising the affect they had on him.

"Harry will try to do something, but he doesn't have the heart to actually murder someone." She replies half-heartedly. "We just have to trust him and his judgement."

"But what about once it's all over? Everyone's going to laugh at him." I sit back in my chair, watching the people around us.

"Like I said, we just have to trust him. It'll all work out in the end, it's Harry after all." She shrugs. "Your boyfriend's heading this way." She looks just behind me.

"Who? Oh..." I turn around, Cedric is bounding over to us, his army of girls following as usual.

"Hi Clover, I haven't seen you since the hospital." He puffs, sitting on the table to talk.

"Oh, hi Cedric." I mumble, not wanting to upset all the girls staring at me. "How have you been?"

"I've been alright, I've missed you. We should study together, say... this weekend?" He smiles down at me

"Y-y-yeah sure, I guess." I stammer, completely taken aback.

"Amazing, I'll meet you here then." He changes from cocky back to his usual warm and charming self, as he takes back off through the library. I blink slowly and turn my head back to Hermione, who's mouth has dropped to the table.

"Um, Hermione." I ask, still dazed. "What just happened?" Everyone in the library is staring at us sitting in silence.

"Um... I believe you just agreed to a date with Cedric Diggory." She gulps, half nervous, half excited.

"Oh. He's-"

"Perfect? Absolutely, congratulations Clover." She starts to smirk.

"I was going to say a lot older than me, but I guess you're right." I grin along with her. Then realisation hits me. "What do I talk about with him? The only time I've spoken to him, he had just fallen from a hundred feet and probably dazed out of his mind."

"Well, I guess you could talk about... Herbology? Ancient Runes? That's an interesting topic." She laughs, I shoot her a death glare.

"You aren't helping."

"Why don't you ask one of the girls that leech off of him? They'll just offer to take your place." She giggles at my pain. I drop my head onto the desk and groan, trying to prepare myself for the weekend.

Saturday morning rolls around and I have never been more nervous. Hopping out of my bed I try to find the most library date-appropriate looking clothes. I hadn't planned on impressing anyone at school this year when I had packed, so it was almost as stressful as being picked on in potions. Looking over at Hermione's bed, she's already gone. So are all the other girls I share the dorm with.

"Thanks girls, so helpful, 'I'll be there for you when you need it' yeah right." I whisper to myself. I find a dark red sweatshirt to pull over, along with some black jeans. It'll have to do. I think, before I throw my hair up, aiming for an effortless look, but eventually putting a lot more effort in. I slump my way into the common room, expecting it to be empty, just as the dorm. I yawn loudly and plop myself onto the couch, hitting a body on my way down.

"Ow! What was that for?" Fred yells at me as I end up on the floor. I wish that I would die right in this moment.

"Oh my god." I start to tear up out of embarrassment.