Chapter 16 - Skizz

I have returned! 

And so has the writer's block!

Yayy...

I also changed Impulse's death to make it more interesting

Impulse is alive

IMPULSE IS ALIVE.

He's HERE. 

In front of me.

Impulse, my brother. 

He's here. 

And then I remember.

He tried to kill me. 

Before we entered the maze. 

He tried to kill me. 

'Impulse?' Grian's the first to speak. Impulse looks back at him with a feral suspicion. He's changed so much since I last saw him. His top is gone, and replaced with a ton of scars. His skin is pale, hair a mess, and his eyes are red. 

'Skizzleman.' He says my name. My full name. 'Skizz. Brother.'

'Impulse.' I have to smile. He's been gone for so long. I realise it doesn't matter that he tried to kill me. He's my brother. And nothing's going to separate us again. 'What happened?'

'Do you know how long it's been?' The coldness in his voice freezes my veins. 'Do you know how F****NG long I've waited to see you?'

'Impulse? Brother? Are you ok?'

'NO! Of COURSE I'm not ok!'

'Why? I'm here! You've been waiting for me, and I'm here!'

'No.' I can't believe what he's saying. I don't want to believe it. My vision blurs from tears and I let them run down my face.

'No... no, please... this is just a joke, right? We're still friends, right?'

'You NEVER forgave me!'

'Skizz, what's he talking about?' Grian asks. 'Skizz?' 

I realise Tango and Zedaph are gone. I can't comprehend anything, and I can't seem to move as Impulse attacks. 

Grian turns just in time to try and block the blow, but he's unarmed, and crashes to the ground. I scream my brother's name, running over, dragging him away. 

'GET OFF ME!' He snarls back, sheer fury emanating from him as he kicks me away. 'GET OFF AND GET AWAY!' 

'YOU DIED BECAUSE YOU MISSED ME THAT MUCH! YOU F****NG KILLED YOURSELF BECAUSE I DIED! YOU KILLED ETHO AND SCAR IN COLD BLOOD, AND NOW YOU'RE SAYING YOU HATE ME?! WHAT THE F*** IS GOING ON?!' I screech back at him. Grian's badly bleeding, staggering to his feet. 

'YOU NEVER FORGAVE ME FOR BETRAYING THE RED ARMY! YOU NEVER LET GO OF ONE LITTLE THING THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FOR FUN!'

'AND THEN YOU TRIED TO KILL ME!'

'AND YOU NEVER FORGAVE ME FOR THAT EITHER. YOU REFUSED TO BE MY FRIEND. YOU DENIED THAT YOU WERE MY BROTHER. I SHOULDN'T HAVE DIED FOR YOU! I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU!'

'YOU'RE LYING!'

Impulse charges at me, and I just about jump out the way in time. He turns, and pins me to the wall. I kick him away, slicing. I manage to cut across his front, and it joins the many other bleeding wounds he has. Panting, glaring furiously at me, he stabs. I stumble out of reach, but moments too late and it impales my hand. I scream with pain, pulling it free, cradling it as blood fountains down. I run out of the way of another attack, and Grian grabs my un-broken hand, dragging me away. I break into a staggered run, as we get out, and towards safety again. 

We reach the bright light of the main area, as the memories of me and Impy come crashing down. Laughing, joking, carefree, inside the maze area. Building the later-named Crastle with him and Tango. He's changed so much. He's been broken by everything. I let out a scream as I punch the wall with my damaged hand, pulling it sharply back, crying, bleeding, anger venting into agonising sadness. I sink to the ground, and weep. 

'Skizz? Oh my goodness, what happened?!' Martyn runs over, followed by Jimmy. 

'Impulse... came back...' Grian tries to explain. 'B... but he's... he's... different. He's angry at everyone. Including Skizz.'

'He said he hated me.' I add bitterly, looking up. Martyn sits down next to me, as Zedaph and Tango appear again, the latter redder-eyed than normal.

'Where did you go?' Grian asks. 

'Where's Impy?' Tango doesn't answer. 'And what happened to Skizz?'

'Uhh... both questions have the same answer...' 

'Where's Impulse?!' 

'Tango, calm down. Please.'

'What happened?! Tell me!'

'I don't want to make you even more unhappy!'

Tango shoves Grian away. 

'TELL ME!'

'Impulse hates everyone! He attacked me and Skizz, and told us he hated us.'

Silence. The news isn't any easier to take the third time around. 

'Why?'

'I don't know. I seriously don't know.' 

I'm not listening much to their conversations, as I realise how all this happened. How one arrow started all of this.

How Etho started all of this. 

Anger rises up again as I realise how much of this is Etho's fault. If I hadn't died, Impulse would've never become like this. Half of the group wouldn't have ended up joining the other side, and so many others wouldn't have died. 

Etho did most of this. 

And Doc did the rest. 

I clench my uninjured fist until the knuckle is white, as an unquenchable bloodlust passes through me, and snarl.

'I want revenge.'

'W...what?'

'We're getting revenge. For everything. Doc needs to know what it's like to lose everything. Doc needs to know what we've all been through.'

'I agree.' Jimmy nods.

'Skizz? What are you suggesting?'

'We're going to kill Etho.'

'Again.' 

Ehh... shorter chapterrr... 

But I want to get this out so whatever.