Chapter 6: Answers & Promises

Above: The pack house!

Lucas's POV-

Wow. Just wow. That all I could process when Max transformed into a pure white wolf. To say I was speechless would be a pure understatement. Like holy shit! He's so fucking beautiful as a wolf! His pure white fur, his striking blue eyes! When he caught me staring, he gave me the "like what you see?" look. As soon as he turned to pick up his bag, I spun around, blushing hard. After taking a breath to compose myself, I looked back at him, to see him signaling for me to lead the way. I shifted into my wolf and walked out of the clearing, telling the others through the mind link to follow me. I then broke into a run, the others right behind me.

I turned my head to see Max right beside me. Damn he's fast! Faster than Sam! Now thats funny, and something I can tease Sam about for a VERY long time. He'll be annoyed, but he'll get over it. A few minutes later, we all made it to the pack house and Max's stunned look was priceless.

He was staring at the pack house, like he couldn't believe what he was seeing. I mean, I don't blame him. The pack house is amazing. He must have realized that he was staring for a while because he shook his wolf head, dropped his bag on the ground, and transformed back into his normal self in a puff of white smoke. Max picked his bag up and slumped it over his left shoulder, while holding his staff in his right hand like a walking stick. He walked over to me and gave me a shy smile.

"Your house is huge", he said. I chuckled. I shifted back and grinned at him.

"Well, we have around 500 pack members who live in it", I told him. His eyes widened.

"Damn you have way more people than my old clan", Max said. "It only had around 100 people". I raised a brow.

"That's it?" I asked. "Thats not very many people". Max shrugged.

"Most mage clans are small", he explained. "We have to keep it that way. Too much magic in one area can be chaos."

"That makes sense", I replied. "But speaking of mage clans, I would like to ask you those questions, if its alright with you of course."

"Lead the way", Max said. I smiled. But before I lead him inside, I turned to the others.

"You all, back to your duties", I ordered. "Sam, make sure that no one comes to my floor, it would be best if I talked to him in private". Sam shifted back to his human form.

"Yes Alpha", he said. The others said the same thing through the mind link and sped away still as wolves.

"Your floor", Max asked, giving me a confused look. I chuckled.

"The Alpha and Luna of the pack get an entire floor to themselves", I explained. "Its usually the top floor, and in this case the top floor is the 5th floor". He made an "O" shape with his mouth.

"Lucky you, the rest of us are all crammed beside each other", said Sam, teasingly. I laughed.

"Oh shut up, everyone has their own room", I said, rolling my eyes. Sam smirked.

"I'm Sam by the way, the Beta", he said to Max as we walked to the door.

"I'm Max, it's nice to meet you", Max replied with a grin. I opened the door and led them inside, only to be greeted by 100 people staring at us from the living room. They mainly had their focus on Max, who immediately tensed up. Everything was complete awkward silence, until a man spoke up.

"Why is there a mage here Alpha?" he asked. My wolf growled from the disrespect that he had shown my mate, but I tuned him out. If he or anyone else knew, they wouldn't have asked. Max must have sensed something was wrong, because he whispered into my ear-