Chapter 15: Movies & Love Songs

This chapter has been edited!

Lucas's POV-

After what happened yesterday, I felt absolutely terrible. Announcing Max to the pack only distracted me for a little bit. Although I cherished that moment with my heart, those memories came crashing back to me soon afterwards. I had pushed him too far, and I scared him, making him think I was going to mate with him before he was ready. I felt beyond guilty. My wolf whined quite a lot for getting carried away. As me and Max snuggled in bed that night, it was all I could think about. But today is a new day, and I was going make it up to him at the party. I did declare my love for him yesterday, and I intended to keep the promises I sworn to him. It was around 9 am now, I wonder how preparations for the party were coming along.

"Hey Sam, how are preparations doing?" I asked through the mind link.

"The stage is being set up now, the lights are all hung up, the main kitchen is working on the food, and the music is almost set up", he answered.

"Good", I said. "I'll bring Max out around 7. Make sure everything is ready by then."

"Of course, Your Majesty!" Sam joked. Before I could fire back, he had already closed the link. I'll get him back some other time, and it may or may not involve a water balloon. But right now, I needed to get Max up, that way I could keep him distracted until the party.

"Max, baby, it's time to get up", I whispered, gently shaking him awake. He slowly opened his eyes, then snapped them back shut.

"NNNOOO!" he whined, but in a cute way. He buried his face back under the covers. I chuckled at his actions. This called for desperate measures. I carefully lifted the blanket off his face and began littering kisses all over his face. Max started to giggle hysterically, squirming around under the comforter.

"Alright, alright, alright!" Max squealed, realizing that he was so match for my death-by-kisses. "I'm up!" I hummed with content, and gave him a cheeky grin. He rolled his eyes, but I didn't miss the amusement in them.

"Now tell me why you woke me up so early!" Max demanded. I chuckled.

"It's only 9:15", I said, checking my phone. Max groaned dramatically.

"TOOO EARLY!" he complained. I laughed at his words, but I have a trick up my sleeve.

"I guess you don't want pancakes and bacon for breakfast", I said in fake disappointment. He shot up, and immediately ran towards the kitchen on our floor. I laughed and followed him.

"Come on Lucas!" he exclaimed, jumping around the kitchen. "You take too long!" I laughed at his cuteness and grabbed the ingredients. I got the bacon, blueberries, milk, and eggs from the fridge and set them on the island. I also got the pancake mix and a couple of frying pans. I unwrapped the bacon and tossed it into a pan and turned the stove on. While the bacon cooked, I whipped up the pancake batter and started cooking the pancakes. The feeling of being watched crept up my back, so I glanced back to see Max sitting at the island, watching me.

"What are you looking at?" I joked.

"My sexy werewolf making breakfast with no shirt", he answered, dreamily. My cheeks went pink and I went back to cooking. He giggled at my reaction, which made me grin. I love his laughter. Once the food was done, I split it up between two plates, and sat one in front of Max. I sat next to him and dug in, after putting a good helping of syrup on my pancakes.

"So what are we doing besides the party tonight?" Max asked, after we finished.

"Well I wanted to surprise you with the decorations, so I was thinking to just be lazy for today", I said.