Chapter 22: Magic & The War Room

The Next Day:

Max's POV-

"Mages are exceptionally more powerful than witches and wizards", I said, walking back and forth in front of several warrior werewolves, all of them giving me their undivided attention. "This means that any resistance that the Moon Goddess has given us is extremely valuable. Use that to your advantage!" The warriors nodded in understanding.

I was outside with most of the warriors, and I was showing them the different types of battle magic and the spells that went with each branch of magic. Selene promised us with some magical resistance, but not all. So today, I wanted to test to see how much resistance we had with ice magic and fire magic. In Mage terms, they are called Winter and Inferno. While I was with the warriors, Lucas was doing paperwork in his office and Mason was playing with the Omegas and other pups. I was worried that I had distracted Lucas from his Alpha duties too much these past few weeks, but he reassured me, saying that since we have slowly become more intimate, it was only natural for him to get distracted and only focus on me.

"What's your name?" I asked to a guy in front of me. He had dark brown hair, emerald green eyes, tanned skin, slight facial hair, and he looked to be around 6'2. He was kind of handsome, but Lucas was a sexy beast. My sexy beast, no less.

"Ash Evans, Alpha Max", he said, with pride.

"Stand over there please", I said, pointing several meters to the right. Ash nodded and did what I told him. I summoned my staff and looked at him.

"Now, when I tell you to, I want you to runnas fast as you can towards me", I instructed. Ash nodded, then readied himself. "Three, two, one, now!"

Ash broke into a run towards me, but  using my staff, I used the spell "Winter's Grasp" to attempt to freeze him like an ice statue for a short period of time. However, once I preformed the spell, icy blue and white magic did try to encase his body, but he never froze. After a few seconds, the magic had completely disappeared. Ash didn't even looked affected by the spell.

"Nice", I said, with triumph. "Now, please shift into your wolf." Ash obeyed and shifted into a sandy brown wolf, and his emerald green eyes stood out from his fur. His wolf was nice I'll admit, but Lucas's wolf was just drop-dead gorgeous. He then went and stood a few meters away from me again. "Now, run to me again." He bolted into a run, and I used "Winter's Grasp" on him again. The spell reacted the same was as it did when Ash was in his human form. The same icy blue and white magic attempted to encase his wolf's body, but it fully disappeared after a few seconds. Ash stopped a small distance from me, and cooked his wolf head to the side.

"At least we know that we're resistant to that spell", I said. "Let's keep going." We ended up spending another hour outside, and we mainly focused on the ice and fire elements, and they weren't even affected by most of the spells. They did experience a little bit of pain when I created fire and ice glyphs, but that wasn't too bad. We stopped there for the day because I feeling a tiny bit tired from all of that magic. I decided to go see Lucas, so I teleported to his office doors. I lightly knocked on the doors before entering.

"Come in", I heard him say from behind the wooden doors. I opened them and smiled brightly.

"Hey, Liebe!" I said, cheerfully. Lucas looked up from his papers, and his face lit up adorably when he saw me.

"Hi, Whiteout!" he answered, his voice containing the same amount of joy. I giggled then went over to his desk.

"What are you doing?" I asked, curiously. Lucas chuckled.

"Boring stuff", he replied. "Mostly paying bills and sorting out junk mail. How did the warriors do in training today?"

"They did amazing!" I said with pride. "We're resistant to most fire and ice attacks, besides the magical glyphs that mages can produce, and even those don't cause much pain."

"Thats amazing!" Lucas responded. "That makes me even more confident that we'll win this fight!" I grinned.

"I feel the same way", I said. "But I've had enough training for one day. I'm a bit tired. Besides, I missed you and I wanted an excuse to come see you." Lucas smiled lovingly and took my hand in his before kissing it.

"I missed you too", he said, sweetly. I blushed a bit, then I went behind his desk and kissed him. Lucas kissed me back eagerly, and all I felt was pure love from his lips. Wanting to be closer to him, I sat on his lap and snuggled into his chest. Lucas only smiled lovingly, before resuming his Alpha work. We sat like that for another hour before I climbed off of Lucas and stretched my slightly tired muscles. Lucas sat his pen on the desk then did the same. But only seconds later he was pulling me close, his hands on my waist, my arms around his neck, and we were kissing passionately.

"Hey", Lucas whispered after we pulled apart to breath. "Come with me. There's something I want you to see." I gave him a questioning look. But Lucas only smiled and took my hand, leading me out of his office.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked.

"Somewhere that will make our planning a lot easier", Lucas replied. "I'm just surprised that I didn't think of this sooner."

Although I was extremely curious to where he was taking me, I allowed Lucas to guide me down 5 staircases and down a hallway off of the pack house's main living room, and to a huge steel door with a scanner beside it.

"What room is this?" I asked. Lucas grinned.

"Just wait" was all he said before he touched his hand to the scanner. A little green light showed up on the device, and the door let out a little click, before creeping open a few centimeters.

"Welcome to the War Room, Max", Lucas said. I pushed opened the door and stepped into the dark room, and Lucas flipped a light switch, making the lights flicker on. I scanned the room, taking it all in. In the center of the room there was a huge wooden table made from a beautiful oak tree. There was a large map of Colorado spread across the table, and a giant map of the US was having up behind of the table. Filing cabinets were placed up against the wall, one on each side of the large map of the country. The cabinets probably contained files and documents that were decades old. All of them most likely had to do with different wars and battles.

"Lucas, this War Room is perfect", I said. "This will definitely help us with planning our attack." Lucas came up from behind me and wrapped his strong arms around me.

"I'm glad you think that", he replied. "Because I already have a few ideas. Do you?"

"Of course", I responded. "Clara will not win this fight. We will." I pecked his lips. "I love you Lucas, so much it hurts." Lucas grinned and kissed my cheek.

"I love you too, Max", he said. "With every fiber that's in my body."

                    To be continued...

AN: Here is Chapter 22, as promised lmao! Please comment any spelling and grammar errors! I love you besties!

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Bye Besties! 💙