Chapter 24: Pride & Sparring

AN: Just as a small spoiler, Max gets a bit feisty in this chapter :). And the picture above is what Max's potion for the pack looks like. Now, to the chapter!

The next day:

Max's POV-

"Lucas", I said, catching his attention. Lucas was in the couch scrolling through his phone, while I stood at the archway of the hallway that goes to my Alchemy room. Once I said his name, he whipped his head towards me and grinned.

"Hey Max!" Lucas said, joyfully. He patted the spot next to him, and I happily went over and sat next to him, and I curled up into his side, and he wrapped his arm around me to hold me close. "What's been going on?"

"I have something for you!" I exclaimed. "So close your eyes." Lucas smirked and closed his eyes. I wiggled out of his hold and held out my hand, summoning the potion to the palm of my hand in a puff of white smoke. I took Lucas's hand and sat the potion in his palm. "Ok, open your eyes!" He opened his eyes, and peered at the vial in his hand, and after a brief look of confusion, his eyes widened in realization.

"Is this the surprise for the pack?" he asked. I nodded in excitement.

"It is!" I said. "I finished it last night!"

"That's amazing!" Lucas almost shouted, happiness radiating off of him in waves. "What does it do though?"

"It's a healing elixir that treats silver and wolfsbane wounds", I explained. "I knew that Werewolves already had medicines that treat these injuries. However, this potion is better because I infused it with magic, so it works faster and it is more proficient in treating the injuries. Its also good for taking into battles, as they can be used to cure the wounds on the fly. Say a Werewolf gets infected with wolfsbane while fighting a Hunter. One small sip of the elixir will heal their injuries, and that Werewolf can keep fighting like they've never been injured. And since one small sip can heal you completely, a single potion can last a long time as long as it's used wisely." After I finished explaining, Lucas smiled brightly and sat the potion on the table. He then pulled me close and snuggled up to me, while also kissing my forehead.

"You're so fucking incredible", Lucas said with pride. "I swear, I have the most perfect mate in the entire universe. And I'm not sharing you!" I giggled and kissed his lips.

"I don't want you to share me", I said. "And I am not sharing you either!" Lucas laughed, but he knew I was serious. As he should! If anyone tries making a move on MY man, the last thing they'll see is me throwing a fireball at their face. That's not a threat, but a definite promise.

"When are you showing the pack?" Lucas asked. "They'll be more than excited about your potion."

"I'll tell them sometime today", I replied. "I need to make more, but that won't take long since I've perfected the formula. How many warriors do we have?"

"One hundred, not including me, you, Sam, and Cassandra", Lucas answered.

"Then it will take me a little over an hour to finish all of the potions", I said. "I'll surprise the pack then."

"Once again, you're incredible", Lucas said. I chuckled and kissed him, and he happily kissed me back, both of us enjoying the mating sparks shooting all throughout our bodies. After a minute of this bliss, we pulled away to breath.

"You better get to work now", Lucas said, with a hint of disappointment in his tone. I also wanted to stay in his arms and not leave them for even a second. But I pushed down my slowly rising sadness and kissed Lucas's cheek.

"I'll give you a bunch of extra kisses later", I reassured him.

"Promise?" Lucas asked, putting on an adorable pout.