Chapter 13: Advancement vs Setback

AN: This chapter will be short and sweet. I felt it had enough in it to be made a chapter, so here we go! If kept writing for this chapter, it would have been too long with way too much going on at once. Anyways, back to the story!

This chapter is also dedicated to OrangeCremeSherbet cause she's a bestie, and I love my besties!

This chapter has been edited!

3rd POV-

Over the next week, Max's injuries had healed greatly. After wearing the bandages for 5 days, with having new ones put on everyday, Max was finally allowed to take them off. And since he was allowed to use magic again, he healed the frostbite on his leg, making it good as new. But even though he could use his magic again, he never went back to the lake to train. He instead used the outside training area near the pack house.

He would wake up very early, every morning, and train there. Lucas got up with Max as well, to watch over his mate. But that wasn't the only reason Lucas watched Max while he trained. He loved the way Max looked while using magic. To Lucas, Max looked majestic and graceful.

Max didn't mind, knowing it was a precaution, but he did giggle when he caught Lucas staring at him more than once. He loved the way Lucas would get all flustered, blush, and rub the back of his neck. Max would sometimes shake his ass a little bit, just to get the reaction out of Lucas, which was always Lucas choking on air. But Max knew Lucas liked what he did.

They had tried many failed attempts to question Seth, one of the mages who tried kidnapping Max, by melting the ice just passed his head. But Seth would always refuse to speak. He also would not accept food or water. Whenever they knew they wouldn't get anything out of him, Max would re-encase his head in ice.

But not too far away, Clara was carrying out her plan, and was starting to create Fade Rifts. Rifts were tears in the Veil Between the Worlds, and they served as portals from the Fade. She would use the rifts to summon demons. She would then bind the demons to one of the mages in her clan, giving them complete control over the demon bound to them. Unfortunately, the ritual to bring the demons through the rifts required a form of blood sacrifice.

But that mattered little to Clara. She would just cut her palm, use her blood for the ritual, and heal it instantly just by looking at her injury. And as her plan advanced, Max and Lucas were completely unaware of her motives, as they were trying, and failing, to question Seth once again.

Lucas's POV-

"This is the last time I'm asking", Max said to Seth, who's head was unfrozen, the rest of his body still in ice. "Who sent you after me?" But the mage just ignored him. He just looked at the floor, as if he didn't hear Max speak at all. Max sighed in defeat.

"Fine", Max said, waving his hand. Icy blue magic surrounded his hand, and ice re-encased Seth's head.

"Let's go Lucas", he said. "He obviously won't talk." I nodded and put one arm around his shoulders, and led him out of the basement. As we stepped into the afternoon sun, I gently pulled Max close to me, and pressed my lips to his. He melted into the kiss, and flung his arms around my neck, not once breaking the kiss. I growled lowly, with possessiveness, making Max slightly whimper, but he kept his lips on mine.

Holding the back of his head, we held the kiss a for a few more seconds, until we pulled apart, both panting. I looked hungrily into his ocean blue eyes. It made me wonder what shit went through his father's mind to banish him, when Max was perfect. To a certain extent, I am happy that Max was banished, because I got my mate. But I was trying not to grind my teeth at the fact that his own father couldn't accept him for who he was.

"You're perfect, you know that?" I said, running my hands through his hair. He blushed and giggled.

"I wouldn't go THAT far", Max chuckled. "You're more perfect than I am."

"But it's true", I said, dead serious. "You are perfect, and I couldn't ask the Moon Goddess for a better mate. I'm overjoyed that she put us together, and I intend on showing you just how perfect you are in many ways. Which is why I want to ask you." I lifted Max's chin, so his eyes met mine.

"Are you ready to officially be introduced to the pack?" I asked. "It's about time we told them, but I won't pressure you if you're not comfortable with it." He blinked his eyes in surprise, but seemed to think it over for a minute, before giving me a wide grin.

"Yes. I think it is time I officially meet the pack", Max answered.

                   To be continued...

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Oh my god the fluff!

Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow!

Sending all my love,

Bye Besties! 💙