Christmas Special: Rivers & Rings

AN: This is a scenario where book 2 never took place, and it takes place about a year after book 1, and Max gets pregnant around July. Keep that in mind. Oh, and the Mages from Max's old clan lives with the Spirit Lake Pack. 

Another note- if the song originally put into the media slot does not load, which I'm sure it won't, Max is singing "River (It's Coming on Christmas)", by Joni Mitchell, but Ellie Goulding does a cover on it. Max is singing the Ellie version. Ok, enjoy! 

Max's POV 

I looked out the window and smiled. It was Christmas Eve for the Spirit Lake Pack, and the whole place was buzzing with excitement and anticipation as we got the last-minute touches on decorations and for the Christmas feast. We were expecting some snow tomorrow, which would make our Christmas even more magical. A white Christmas was exactly what we needed to brighten this pack up.

I turned back to the living room, where I was in charge of setting up the Christmas lights. I had borrowed Lucas's phone to play some Christmas music, and I was singing softly to a festive tune. Well, technically, I had stolen his phone, but he didn't mind. He knew I loved his music collection. He just didn't know how much I loved his phone too. Don't tell him that, hehe.

"Mason!" I called out to my son, who was running around the house with his friends. He came to a halt and ran over to me, his clover green eyes shining with joy. I ruffled his hair and gave him a hug. "Could you go get your father, please? I need his help with the lights."

"Ok, Mama!" he said, hugging me back. He dashed off to find Lucas, who was probably in his office, working on some pack business. He was always so busy and responsible, that man. But that's why I loved him so much... among other reasons. His endless amount of sweetness, his dashing smile that makes me go weak at the knees, and his dominant, sexy nature when we are alone together. 

Now, you might be wondering why I needed Lucas to help me with the lights, when I could easily use a bit of magic and do it myself. Well, there was only one logical answer: I loved watching him do the things only tall people could do, like reaching high shelves or hanging decorations. He was so big and strong, and I was so small and cute. We were a perfect match. Plus, I was around five months pregnant, so he always helped me whenever I asked him to, because he didn't want me to "strain myself." That man... I don't know what I'd do without him most days. 

I was admiring the string of lights in my hands, when I felt a warm and familiar touch on my shoulder. I shivered as mating sparks coursed through my body, and I looked up to see Lucas standing behind me. He had a devilish smirk on his lips, and his blue eyes sparkled with mischief. 

"Hey, beautiful," he said, wrapping his arms around me and rubbing my baby bump with tenderness. "Need a hand?" I giggled and began to purr softly, feeling his rough hands slide over my soft skin. 

"I could use one, thank you," I replied, giggling again as I turned my body to face Lucas properly. He grinned, thinking I was going to give him a hug. Instead, just as we both leaned in, I handed him the string of lights, grinning at his confused look. "Could you please hang the lights up above the window? I can't reach it." I gave him my puppy eyes, which eventually won him over as he shook his head with amusement. 

"You're lucky you're cute," Lucas said, stretching the lights out to their full length. He reached up to the top of the window with ease, tying both ends of the string of lights to the little hooks that were set up for the lights. Once he was done, which it took less than a minute, he turned to me and grinned like the Chesire Cat. "Well? I believe I deserve a reward for helping my precious Whiteout. Don't you think so?" Lucas crossed his arms, that grin still on his face as he wiggled his eyebrows. Deciding to tease him instead of giving him what he wanted, I stood on my tippy toes and gave him a quick peck on the cheek.