Chapter 17: Marks & Announcements

AN: The mosaic above is a black and white version of the Mage Symbol in the Dragon Age series, and its filter is black and white because that's the mark that Max gave to Lucas.

This is the mark that Lucas gave Max

This is the mark that Lucas gave Max. Not as creative, but it works. Back to the story!

Lucas's POV-

It was the next morning. Max was still asleep, snuggled into my bare chest. As I gently played with his hair, I thought about last night's events. Max had a nightmare, which led us to the lake to seek spirits that lived in it according to legend. But it turns out that those spirits were actually three goddesses, who revealed that Max is a Seer, which explained his nightmares. They also warned us about another mage named Clara Westwood, whom Max was forcefully betrothed to before his banishment. She wasn't happy, so she decided to raise an army of demons to wipe out our pack, and take Max as hers.

But the goddesses gave us tools to help us. Selene's blessing to me and the pack and turning Max into a hybrid by giving him a wolf. Aphrodite's blessing to all mated couples in the pack. And that staff that Demeter gave to Max. It was a lot to process, but not an impossible thing to do. We need to tell the pack today, and begin Max's wolf training right afterwards. But that will be difficult because he'll need time to get used to being a wolf. He's connected to the mind link now because I've marked him, so that makes it easier to communicate with him in wolf form.

Checking my phone, I see that it's a bit past 10 am. With everything that happened yesterday, I'm not surprised that we slept in this late. I sat my phone on my bedside table, and gently shook Max awake. His light blue eyes fluttered open and looked up at me. I smiled at my precious mate and kissed his addicting lips, filled to the brim with love. He returned it, with just as much love.

"Good morning, baby", I greeted. He yawns.

"Good morning, Liebe", Max said, teasingly and tiredly. I laughed lightly.

"Liebe?" I asked, confused on what he said. He grinned widely.

"You're the love of my life, and the love I've never had", Max said. "And Liebe is German for 'Love', and since I have a lot of German in me thanks to my mother, I wanted to give you a pet name based on that." He gave me a cheeky grin, and I looked into his eyes, staring into them lovingly.

"Now I need a pet name for you", I said. He smiled at me with mischief.

"Good luck with that", Max joked. "Mine will still be better." Oh, it's on now. But I just chuckle and shake my head however, making him think that he's won.

Max's stomach growled, letting us both know that it's breakfast time.

"What are you in the mood for?" I ask him. "Whatever you want." He thought about it for a minute, and then gave me a hopeful look, puppy eyes included.

"Homemade breakfast burritos?" Max asked. I chuckled.

"Of course", I answered. Kissing his forehead, I hop out of bed and made my way to the kitchen.