Chapter 20: Hide and Seek & Grandchildren

AN: Heyyy!! A new chapter less then 2 weeks after the last one? Lmao that's a first. Also, thank you to the people who have added The Mage and His Alpha to their reading lists and I haven't thanked yet!! I usually thank them on their message board, but I haven't been keeping up. Anyways, enough of my idiotic chatter, on with the story!!

This chaper has been edited!!

Lucas's POV-

My heart was melting at the sight in front of me. Both Max and Mason were sleeping, but Mason was curled up into Max's chest, Max's arms protectively holding the boy close. My left arm was draped over both of them, so they were up against my chest. If I could get my phone without waking them up, I would so get a picture. This was such an adorable sight between my mate and possible child.

"Family", Shade popped in.

"Hopefully soon", I agreed. Shade snorted in approval, then went back into the back of my consciousness. Humming with content, I closed my eyes, not to sleep, but to just take in the moment. This however, was short-lived. Mason started stirring, then shot up with a gasp. He saw that I was awake and flung himself into my arms, whimpering.

"I had a bad dream", he said, clinging onto my shirt, rather tightly. I rubbed his back, gently shushing him while he calmed down.

"What was the dream about?" I asked, in a comforting tone. He shook his head, his red, curly hair swishing around.

"I don't remember, but I do know that it was scary", Mason replied.

"Well, whatever the dream was about, it can't harm you", I said, putting my voice in a soothing tone. "Remember that, alright?" He nodded his head furiously, but didn't speak. Shade by now had all but turned into a cat, as he was purring very loudly, and obnoxiously. I softly chuckled at that, knowing full well how eager he was to officially claim Mason as his pup. Feeling a pair of eyes in me, I looked over at Max to see him looking at Mason and I, his expression of him being in awe.

"Bad dreams", I informed him, referring to Mason, who was still snuggled into my arms. Giving me a look of understanding, Max gently ran his hand through Mason's curly red locks, trying to get his attention.

"Hey", he whispered, quietly. "It's alright to be scared. I get nightmares a lot, and I get scared of them every time I get one. But do you want to know what makes me feel better afterwards?" Mason peaked out from my shoulder, and peered at Max curiously.

"Yes", Mason mumbled. Max smiled warmly, and took my hand in his.

"Waking up to someone who loves me deeply and unconditionally always helps me with my fear of nightmares", he said, giving me a knowing glance. "We want to be that for you Mason. Lucas and I will definitely discuss it more, and we want you to adjust to us. But me and Lucas are thinking about possibly adopting you." Mason's eyes widened as he looked back and forth between Max and I. Pure joy began to fill his clover-green eyes. "But if we do adopt you, which there's a giant chance of that happening, we'll need to wait until I'm 18, and the bad things that are going on right now is gone."

"You could be my new daddies?!" Mason squealed, nothing but joy and hopefulness in his voice.

"Only if you want us to be", I confirmed. Mason immediately burst into a fit of extatic giggles and tightened his grip on my neck in an attempt at a hug, to which I returned, just not as tight. He then leapt from my arms and flung himself at Max, now laughing like he was at an amusement park. Max caught him and laughed too. Seconds later, we were all laughing hysterically, happiness radiating off of us from the moment we just shared. A moment later, we finally calmed down enough to where we could speak correctly.