Ch.12 - Annoyance

Ch.12 - Annoyance

"Look at his hands! His nails are pretty much claws!"

"His teeth are sharp too! Finally someone else with sharp teeth!"

"Sorry to break it to you, Kirishima... but your teeth are way sharper."

You continued to pack up the little supplies you had taken out, stuffing them back into the waist bag. Your blades would be the last things you put on, well, second to last counting the demon who needed to retreat into his little basket.

The sun would be rising soon, and so it was time for Bakugou to disappear for a few hours. Currently though, it seemed the worry and fear of him had turned into fascination and awe by the two other slayers.

You could tell by the low warning growls that Bakugou was reaching his limit. He wasn't one to be fond of being touched, let alone by two people he still was a tiny bit wary of. So when you opened the top of the basket, for once he came towards it right away.

"You're quite popular." You teased him as he stepped in.

"Shut up... they are annoying as hell..." He clicked his tongue.

"Is he gonna be able to fit in there?" Kaminari asked, coming closer.

"Oh! Let me get that spare haori I have!" Kirishima spoke, going to his own traveling bag and trying to find the piece of clothing.

You had casually mentioned last night how your demon companion had ripped through the fabric that had been keeping the sun from leaking through the basket. Kirishima had spoken up right away, offering an old haori of his that he no longer needed.

His current haori had a pattern that showed various fall mountains with various vegetation growing on them and clouds surrounding them. The painting on his haori was monochrome aside from the red sun that was between two mountains. The scene repeated a few times throughout his kimono sleeve, making his attire look like he was splashed with mountains and red suns.

Kaminari's haori was much simpler, but certainly just as eye-catching. His haori was a dark yellow, something similar to a mustard color. Along the yellow were solid black clouds and then white bolts of lightning. Like Kirishima's, Kaminari's haori had these images throughout.

Those haoris were the only difference between the pair clothing wise. Under each of their haoris was a black shirt, and under that black shirt a long sleeved white shirt. Their pants seemed to be hakama pants along with a white belt. Their feet were covered by a black kyahan, showing that both were dressed for a fight should one come.

The slayer uniform hadn't changed much since you had last seen it. Memories of your father proudly showing it off to you as you watched with wonder in your eyes. Kirishima and Kaminari's uniforms were not as tucked in and neat as your father's had been, but you were unsure if that was because your father was a neat freak, or if the pair of boys were more prone for looser feeling clothing.

Your comparison thoughts ended as Kirishima held out a folded black haori. You smiled gently at him and then turned to Bakugou. You had a feeling Kirishima and Kaminari were watching, ready to see how someone as tall as Bakugou could fit into a basket that looked as if it could only be able to carry a few small items, such as a tea set, fresh produce, or a single blanket for a traveler.

Bakugou's eyes twitched. "Stop fucking staring..."

"Now's not the time to get all defensive." You scolded him, pointing at the slowly pinkening sky. "The sun's nearly up, and I still need to wrap the blanket up."