Ch.16- Joy

Ch.16- Joy

(AN- Gone all day tomorrow, so early update today!)

"Don't say it like you're any better." Your voice broke the tension Deku had unknowingly put in the air. "Isn't that right, huh?"

You pulled away from the green-haired boy and instead looked towards the little white-haired girl who was still hiding behind Deku. She stiffened and lowered herself to the point that she had lifted up his haori and covered herself with it while hugging Deku close.

"Ah, yeah." Deku nodded. "Eri-chan is a special demon, so she usually goes where I go."

"Ah! Kacchan is a special demon too!" You spoke eagerly to Deku. "Does she also eat other demons?"

Deku blinked and then slowly shook his head. "Ah... no. Eri-chan doesn't eat anything."

"Huh?" You inhaled sharply. "How is she not a bloodthirsty creature of the night then?!"

Deku chuckled, gently pushing Eri to stand in front of him, but still in his protective arms. Eri shyly looked between you and Bakugou, showing a tiny piece of bamboo wrapped around her mouth.

"Eri-chan wanted to eat people when I first came across her, but she somehow managed to overcome it. Since then, my master has been helping her train her body and biology to accept other methods to receive energy."

"Oh." Your eyes glimmered as you looked at the tiny girl. "You sound amazing, Eri-chan!"

Eri blinked and then slowly nodded her head. She slowly looked toward Deku and saw him nod his head toward her. Eri reached up, pulling the bamboo muzzle off herself for a moment and looking at you with a soft shyness.

"T-Thank y-you." She spoke, voice gentle like the night breeze.

You nodded and then motioned to Bakugou. "Kacchan here is like you! He didn't want to eat people either!"

Eri blinked and her eyes widened at the ash-blonde. Wonder and curiosity was now in her eyes and she seemed to be taken with Bakugou. The fear she had for his arrival, when he was just another demon that could have hurt Deku, was now gone, replaced with glimmering ruby eyes.

Deku laughed gently, only to pause after a few moments when he felt the sensation of danger. He lifted his emerald eyes up to see Bakugou glaring at him, eyes demonic and full of rage.

Deku chuckled, standing up and moving away from where he was still overly close to you. Bakugou narrowed his eyes, and looked at you.

"Why do I feel like he fucking annoys the hell outta me...?" He seethed.

You hummed, reaching out and slapping his head once. Bakugou groaned and glared at you. The demonic eyes and blood red coloring on the tips of his hair were fading, both returning to their human-like original state.

"I already told you that Deku was our friend from childhood." You scolded him lightly. "Do you pay any attention when I talk to you?"

"Only when you're not being damn annoying yourself." He clicked his tongue.

Deku stepped forward, making Bakugou turn a glare at him. Deku paused but inhaled and walked forward. He stuck his hand out and Bakugou looked at it.

"Your memories must either be lost or fuzzy... Eri-chan's are." Deku started. "But, in case you need it, I'm Midoriya Izuku. Though, you and Kurokori always called me Deku growing up."

"Deku? Kurokori?" Bakugou muttered, connecting the names to what he knew the usual definitions were.

"Yup." You deadpanned towards him. "You're terrible nicknames never cease to amaze me."