Ch.55 - Despair

Ch.55 - Despair

Midoriya picked himself up and watched with wide eyes as Bakugou continued to engage with the demon who had started this all for him. His eyes were focused on the demon and his movements were becoming more erratic with how his anger was starting to consume him.

Midoriya let out a breath and shook his head. He needed to get up and help Bakugou. The last time Bakugou's anger was this bad, he had ended up turning into a full-powered demon and nearly gotten himself killed along with those he cared for. So Midoriya forced himself up onto his legs and grabbed his Nichirin blade. His breathing was a bit ragged from fighting off so many demons already, but he wasn't going to sit around and do nothing when he could and should be doing something!

Todoroki looked to be in the same lines of thinking as Midoriya. He got up and let out a deep breath before he started to rush the demon along with Midoriya. Both of their blades were at the ready and they each were aiming to scissor the demon in between them and Bakugou. A pincher attack from three directions.

Bakugou noticed the two approaching and he snarled. Did they think he wasn't strong enough to deal with this asshole on his own?! And this was his fight too! They were getting in the way and treating him like he was a pathetic and weak human! He was going to show them he didn't need help!

"Stay out of it!!" Bakugou roared and slammed a fist into Midoriya's gut as the green-haired boy tried to aid him. "I don't need you! I don't need the help of any of you!!"

"K-Kacchan!" Midoriya managed to breathe out. "Kacchan, please! If we work together then we'll be able to beat this demon a lot faster!"

Bakugou's eyes landed on Midoriya and the smaller boy gulped. His eyes were completely demonic and some of those features from before were starting to return. The enemy was forgotten about as Bakugou turned to face Midoriya.

"I said to get fucking lost, Deku." Bakugou growled out and then lifted a leg up. "This ain't your battle... so fuck off!"

Midoriya braced for the feeling of Bakugou's leg but it didn't come. Instead, he heard Bakugou let out a call and his green eyes opened once more. Todoroki had appeared between them and was holding onto Bakugou's leg.

"You need to calm down. We're not going to have an episode like before!" Todoroki told the ash blonde in a stern tone.

"Neither of you have any business in this fight! So if you're so fucking obsessed with a brawl, go fight some of that asshole's minion or something!!"

"That's not true at all! We're slayers who defeat demons! Even if we've never met that demon before, we have a duty to protect humans. So... we have a duty to slay demons!" Todoroki continued and allowed Bakugou to pull his leg back. "So calm down and let's work together!"

Bakugou shook his head and shoved Todoroki back. Midoriya watched as the pair started to try to intimidate one another and then his eyes fell on the demon. They were just standing and watching it all with a sickly smile. Were they entertained by this? Watching as their little brigade fell apart because of infighting?

Midoriya turned to his two allies and opened his mouth, but instead was silenced when Todoroki was shoved into him. Each lay in the dirt and Bakugou loomed over them. The ash blonde's form was getting more demonic with each passing moment and with each drop of anger that was added to the already boiling pot.

"Stay out of my way. I'm better than you both. Humans are nothing compared to the power I have."

"K-Kacchan." Midoriya breathed out and forced himself up onto his feet once more.

Todoroki also was up on his feet and his hand rested on his blade. Midoriya only threw his hands out and pointed behind Bakugou. Bakugou clicked his tongue and turned his back on the pair.