Ch.15- Shock

Ch.15- Shock

"It won't magically cure you... but it should help with some of the ailments." You spoke, handing the miner you had seen before a small little baggy. "Zinc naturally helps get rid of metals in the body. So, maybe it'll help with the effect the mining has done, even a little bit."

"Thank you." The man choked out. "We'll see to it that the mine, our village, and the river are taken care of better. Whether the mining company likes it or not."

You nodded. "Well... just don't start too much trouble."

The man hummed. "No promises if we've been putting ourselves in so much risk."

You sighed, bowing to the man and then starting off to where Kirishima and Kaminari were waiting. Kirishima had been doing a lot better since the fake Blood Moon had been killed. It seemed that his copper poisoning was caused by her Blood Demon Art, and now that she was defeated, the redhead was able to breathe again without too much trouble.

Nevertheless, you also had given him a long lecture on how to treat the copper ailments and put him on a strict diet of seeds and lentils for the next few days. Zinc was what would help, and luckily those were easy to find or purchase. Not to mention those foods were full of zinc.

The three of you started heading back, walking and talking lightly as you went. After another few good hours though, and right as the sun was getting low enough to begin to cast purples, oranges, and yellows in the sky, a fork appeared in the road.

A worn out sign rested between the two roads. The one on the right marked as Edo and the one on the left marked as Kyoto. The three of you looked at it, slightly amused, slightly confused, and slightly frustrated by the sign.

"They know that Edo's called Tokyo now, right?" Kaminari muttered, his sparrow nestled in his hair.

"I'm more worried that they only need to know where Tokyo or Kyoto are..." Kirishima muttered.

"Well... we are out in the sticks..." You sighed, adjusting the bag you carried.

He hadn't stirred since leaving the mine. He took a real beating and maybe even saw for the first time that there were even demons that he might not be stronger then. Even so, he was safe now, as were you and your two companions.

A crow cawed above you both and you three looked up, Kirishima's crow had returned, and was circling above you all. It swooped down to the sign, laning on the top of it.

"Report back to Slayer Corps Headquarters." It cawed. "You are to rest and heal!"

The pair turned to the left, seeing as this would bring them back to where they needed to be. The two turned to look at you, wanting to see if you'd continue on with them or if it was time to part ways.

Your feet were pointed right, and you inhaled slowly. You took a step forward, letting the pair know that it was indeed time to say goodbye.

"Tokyo then?" Kaminari asked and you nodded.

"The city is huge... and maybe I can find more of what's mentioned in my mother's treatment book." You spoke and saw them nod.

"Understood!" Kirishima gave you a thumb's up. "You do what you need to do! And make sure to take care of Bakugou! He must be exhausted after that fight."

You nodded and smiled gently to the pair of boys. "You both take care as well. Maybe we'll be able to fight alongside each other again."

"I'd prefer us having an actual meal at a nice place together." Kaminari sighed.