Ch.31 - Adaptive

Ch.31 - Adaptive

How did it get to this point? The last five minutes played on repeat in your head. You couldn't shake the past, because then your worry about the future would return.

"There's only one way to know for sure." Enji hummed and forced you up onto your feet. "A reaction is the best way to tell."

You watched in shock as Enji raised the blade and pointed it towards your shoulder. His cerulean eyes landed on the blonde demon. Bakugou was tensing up, seeing the blade by your shoulder. His breathing was picking up again and his demonic traits were starting to come out again.

"Kacchan! Calm down!" You called out to him. "I'll be fine-"

You choked on air as you felt something sharp make contact with your shoulder. The air instantly filled with the smell of blood and drops of it fell between you and Enji. Your mouth was closed to not give out any cries that would spark Kacchan off.

It seemed futile though. Your eyes met his and you begged him to hold back. To let it happen. To let things continue on by him allowing this to happen. But you knew Kacchan. And you knew that in the next moment... everything you worked for might as well be over.

Your eyes closed and tears prickled. After everything... would it really end here? Among the people you thought would help you? Watching as Kacchan died again? And then Eri before they decided if you or Midoriya would go next and then kill the last of you.

Blood trickled down your back and you forced yourself to not open your eyes. You didn't want to see what was going to happen. You didn't want to lose him again or witness it happening.

"I said to fucking let her go, you bastard!!" Bakugou yelled out.

The sounds of movement, followed by Bakugou hissing. Dead quiet followed and your heart sunk. No one spoke and you fell into a similar quiet. Your head fell down and you felt the tears finally fall down your cheeks.

"Stop it, Kacchan!"

You lifted your head up and saw that Midoriya, who was still bound at his wrists had tackled Bakugou to the ground at a mere pace away from the sunlight. Eri was crying herself, the situation only making her emotions grow.

"Get fucking off me!" Bakugou yelled. "I'm getting her back!"

"You'll get us all killed! Calm down!" Midoriya ordered him.

"Shut up, Deku!"

"No! You need to stop yelling, Kacchan!"

You watched the pair of boys as they suddenly started to fight each other right then and there. This really was a display, one that not even you expected. Bakugou kicked Midoriya away, but the boy refused to go down. Midoriya jumped up towards Bakugou and slammed his forehead against Bakugou's. Both let out a gasp of pain and fell to the ground. Each rolled over and groaned.

Enji huffed. "I've seen enough. I think I know what's fitting for all of you and what you've done."

The four of you looked at Enji and waited to hear his judgment. The other hashira too looked interested in what was about to be said. The next words spoken after all... would determine your fate.

Bakugou and Midoriya stood frozen at the voice of the top Hashira speaking. He looked at the girl in his grasp and then sighed. Both of your childhood friends watched as Enji dropped you onto the ground harshly. His cerulean gaze turned to the youngest-looking Hashira.