Ch.34- Dependable

Ch.34- Dependable

"Don't let him get away!"

"Don't get in my way and I'll make sure of it!"

"Hey! Move!"

Bakugou inhaled as another one of those slayer kids swung their blade towards his neck. He ducked and skidded into a nearby bush. He couldn't rest though, and hiding wouldn't be an option. These kids were hot on his pursuit and his only option was to flee and hope his speed was greater than theirs.

"Fucking hell..." Bakugou breathed out, once more having to dash away as another slayer appeared before him.

No matter how far he ran or tried to give them the slip, one of them would find him. Shit...

He jumped across a ravine and then looked back. The slayers looked a bit wearier to jump after him, so he needed to use this moment to lose them for good. With that thought, Bakugou sped off. As he started to run through, he heard the sounds of someone having jumped across and made it.

He sneered and then stopped once he came into a clearing in the forest. The clearing wasn't filled with grass and flowers, but rather kicked up dirt and pebbles, bo doubt from a fight between a slayer and demon sometime before.

Bakugou's heart dropped and he flared up when he saw who had made that jump and had come chasing after him.

"Don't run off, Kacchan!" Midoriya told him. "We both need to go back for Todoroki Enji to let Kurokori go! And you've already been targetted- K-Kacchan?!"

Bakugou had turned his back on Midoriya and started to pace away from the green-haired boy. Midoriya followed after him urgently, knowing that out of the two of them... Bakugou was the most at risk since both humans and demons would be trying to kill him.

Midoriya valued his life though, so he knew better than to say that to Bakugou out loud.

"Kacchan! Can we please talk just for a minute! I want to come up with some kind of plan-"

"Piss off, Deku. I don't need your fucking help!"

Bakugou had turned once he had spoken. Midoriya instantly froze and tensed up. Bakugou's face was terrifying. He didn't even have any kind of demonic features on him at this moment, it was just the normal face that Midoriya would get from him near constantly.

"We worked together to save Kurokori before! So it would-"

"That was fucking different and I had no damn choice!" Bakugou snarled at him. "I don't need you or your fucking stupid solar techniques or whatever the fuck that shit is called!"

With that, Bakugou turned his back on Midoriya and started to make his way out of the clearing and back into the woods. This bastard needed to leave him the fuck-

"Kacchan! Wait!"

His pace didn't stop, if anything, he picked it up. But the sounds of footsteps continued to follow him, even when he started to run himself. This nerd was damn annoying... and now he was acting like his damn shadow.

"Kacchan!"

"Fucking what?!"

Midoriya froze when Bakugou turned around to look at him with that infamous heated glare of his. But Midoriya's nervous face changed, becoming as serious and stubborn as Bakugou's own. The pair just stood there and stared at one another, not saying anything. It was as if they were trying to intimidate the other into submission, or at least to give up on whatever they were doing.