Ch.19 - Trust

Ch.19 - Trust

(AN- My B-Day is tomorrow (Oct 9) so... once more you all get an early update. This series will return to weekly Saturday updates come next week when my weekends calm down.)

The older man patted Midoriya on the back with a smile, the green-haired boy eagerly talking to him. Eri stood behind Midoriya, gripping his back and looking out at the tall and slender golden blonde haired man. They all seemed in good spirits and very familiar with one another. Eri seemed a little shy, but you had started to realize that she might just be a tad bit shy by nature.

You and your own demon fiance (or kinda? Who knew what your relationship was right now to be honest) were seated at the table Eri had put the mugs of tea on long ago. As it turns out, Eri had made one for Bakugou... forgetting that like herself, Bakugou wasn't able to hold down any kind of human food. So it was good that the master of the mansion had come home so no tea would be wasted.

"So these two are your friends from childhood?" The older man spoke, finally turning to look at you and Bakugou.

"Yes! We are." You smiled happily. "Has Deku told you about us?"

The golden blonde man laughed and Midoriya flushed up. Both were now also sitting down at the table. Eri was between you and Midoriya, looking to be having a hard time deciding who she wanted to sit with. In the end, she took the side of the table with you adjacent to her right and Midoriya adjacent to her left.

"Told me about you?" The older man laughed again, though this time much more boisterous. "Young Midoriya mutters so much I've heard his life story practically."

You smiled at that. "Sounds like the Deku I know."

Midoriya only flushed up further, though there was also a sense of danger. He would bet his sword that Kacchan was staring daggers at him for making you laugh so sweetly to him. It's not like Midoriya would try anything though. While the ash blonde had come to see you as the person he held most dear in this world, both as human and now as demon, Midoriya had come to view you like his little sister.

You had been a year younger than him and Kacchan and so, the older Midoriya got, the more brother-like he became to you. You honestly never had anything to worry about from around age ten to well... now. Bakugou would easily scare off anyone who might be giving you a hard time and Midoriya would defend you verbally to anyone who insulted your character while also helping you and giving you the most sincere type of friendship you could ever ask for.

So, sensing Bakugou staring at Midoriya with that face of his that was truly that of a demon, even when he was human... you lightly touched the top of his head. To your relief, it seemed that by rubbing at his locks, he calmed down. Always worked as a kid. Always worked as a teenager. And looked to work as a demon. He truly did only change biologically, but that inner flame of Bakugou Katsuki was as bright and vibrant as ever.

"If I was to go off of what Young Midoriya has described... then you must be Kurokori and the young man next to you must be Kacchan." The older man nodded to him. "As for myself, I am Toshinori Yagi. It's a delightful surprise to not only welcome you both here, but to see you both are alive."

"It's a pleasure to meet you." You smiled softly, moving to bow but the older man, Toshinori, stopped you.

"No need for such formalities. It seems we have three demon slayers and two abnormal demons between the five of us, so let's simply have a calm and friendly talk." He smiled brightly and then turned to Midoriya. "Young Midoriya, you must be especially euphoric seeing your two dear friends once more."