Chapter 31 - Amani

After spending some days in the hospital, I was finally back home. Safiya welcomed me warmly, and both she and Ya Hamid escorted me to my room.

The room wasn't as perfect as I left it but wasn't messy either. I could smell my perfume all around, Safiya must have sprayed it before we arrived. I so much loved the scent.

"What should I get you?" She asked pulling me out of my trance.

"Water will be fine" I said leaning my back on the bed's headboard with my legs stretched and covered by a blanket.

"Alright" She said and left, leaving me with Ya Hamid.

Ya Hamid and I stared at each other for some seconds before I eventually turned my face away from him.

Truth be told, he had really broke my heart for nursing the desire of marrying Rahmat Ali. To me she was nothing but a public well, a well that serves the needs of the general public – not a particular person.

Only God knows how many men she'd slept with, if Ya Hamid ever marry her then our lives might just be in danger because if she has a sexually transmitted disease she would definitely share it to us.

I wouldn't allow him to marry her but if unfortunately he ended up marrying her then he would have to divorce me because I would never agree to share him with her, not her and certainly not people like her.

I preferred someone else, someone decent and clean as a rival not a repulsive human being like her. She would add nothing to me but problem, and she would bring nothing to me but pain.

"Are you still angry with me?" Ya Hamid asked, drawing my attention to him. "I am sorry for everything" he added.

"Okay" I nodded my head gently and sank myself into the blanket. "I think I am feeling sleepy" I lied, trying to send him away with style.

I wouldn't be giving him full attention until he return back to his senses and stop thinking about marrying Rahmat.

When Safiya came back with my water, I adjusted to a sitting position and took a sip before returning back into the blanket.

Ya Hamid stayed for some minutes, probably thinking about how to make things up with me.

Actually it had nearly been a month since we made love and I believed he was burning from the inside right now considering how addicted he was to it, unless if Rahmat had already given it to him.

The vision of him and Rahmat making love came into my mind and I couldn't help but discard it immediately while repeatedly telling myself, 'Ya Hamid will never cheat on me.'

After napping for about an hour, I woke up feeling hungry. So hungry that I felt like eating whatever comes my way.

I called unto Safiya but no response, I also called unto Ya Hamid but still...no answer. They probably didn't hear me and I was feeling lazy to leave the bed.

There was only one way to get to them, by calling them. Unfortunately, when I looked around for my phone I couldn't find it. How strange!

Thus I managed to get back to my feet and walk all the way downstairs. Everywhere was silent, I wondered where they all went to.

I walked to the kitchen to see if I could find something to eat but I found nothing, just some foodstuffs and then drinks in the freezer.

I heaved a sigh and left the kitchen while yelling Safiya's name, she was probably in the boys-quarters where she lived now with Yazid.

I decided to go out and check on her there, with the intention of asking her about my phone and then about food. She ought to have cooked lunch already.

While walking towards the boys-quarters I realized Ya Hamid's car was absent in the parking lot, he must have drove to the shop to check the activities going on there.

He was becoming a good businessman already, he had apprised me two days ago that he had raised half of the money he took for loan. Alhamdulillah.

Just as I was about knocking Safiya and Yazid's door I began hearing some weird noise, I needed nobody to tell me what was going on. I shook my head and left, wondering when they would finish their love making.

God knows I was hungry and without my phone, I wouldn't be able to call Ya Hamid. I went back to our own building and then to the kitchen. I boiled some eggs, ate them with salt and took some milk from the freezer.

That was the combination that came into my mind, funny right? Well sometimes I used to feel like eating different kinds of things all together.

I had once thought about eating bread with honey, and also bread with kuli (African biscuit). Make sure you don't choke while you laugh, please.

***************

This is the third update for the day.

Sorry for the errors.

Goodnight 💝