Chapter 33 - Amani

When Ya Hamid told me he was no longer interested in Rahmat Ali, I was so happy. Finally, Allah had answered my prayers and had brought my husband back to his senses.

It wasn't really funny, having a confused husband. I mean, if not a confused somebody who would see Rahmat and even wish to marry her? She was so beautiful but had no worth.

It's just like having all it takes but still not valuable, Ya Hamid told me he wasted money on her and yet she couldn't give up her bad habit.

"Amma dai baka taba kwana da ita ba ko (But you've never slept with her right)?" I had asked him.

"Wani irin tambaya ne wannan, Amani (what sort of question is that, Amani)?" he had asked, glaring at me.

"Afwan, miji na (sorry, my husband)" I had apologized, sarcastically.

"It's okay, but know that I will never cheat on you" he had assured me.

"I know, and I trust you!" I had said.

...

Today being Friday, I returned back from school and met Safiya arranging the dining table. Ya Hamid was outside discussing with Yazid, he was the one that brought me back.

Every Friday we used to have breakfast, lunch, and dinner together in the dining room. While other days Safiya would take their food to their apartment and eat with her husband.

"Welcome back, big sis!" she said smiling at me.

"Thank you!" I smiled back at her.

"How was the lectures, hope Ma Shaa Allah?" she asked.

"Yhup" I nodded positively. 

"When are you guys starting exams?" she asked.

"Next week, In Shaa Allah" I said as I pulled one of the chairs in the dining island and sat in it.

"Okay, Allah ya kai ranmu lafiya (may Allah spare our lives)" she said.

"Ameen!" I solemnly ratified.

Just then, Ya Hamid came in together with Yazid. They were talking. They made themselves conformable in the dining table and Safiya served us food.

Ya Hamid was sitting right next to me while Yazid sat close to Safiya. They were actually a perfect match, I didn't realize it until lately. I could remember when I was finding it hard to consent to their relationship.

We had our pleasant lunch with no one talking except our cutleries, talking to themselves. Lol. That was funny, right? Well, we hardly talk while eating these days.

Safiya and I cleared the table and washed the dishes together, after which she asked if Ya Hamid had told me about Yazid's new job.

"No, he didn't!" I shook my head.

"Well I guess you need to hear it from him yourself, kar ace na fiya gulma (so I wouldn't be tagged a gossiper)" she said, sarcastically. 

"Fine then" I smirked and stormed out of the kitchen in haste. Thus, I scuttered upstairs to my room where I shared with Ya Hamid.

Unfortunately, he wasn't there. So I headed to his own room, hopefully he was there...going through his laptop on the bed.

"When are you planning on telling me?" I climbed the bed and crawled over to him.

"About what?" he asked, wrinkling his brows.

"About the job, Yazid's new job" I said sitting close to him with my back leaning on the bed's headboard and my legs stretched like his.

"Oh, hmm" he smiled.

"Guilty, huh?" I said as I grabbed one of his hands and placed it on my tummy. 

"Not guilty" he chuckled.

"Why?" I turned looking deep into his eyes.

"Because I wanted making it a surprise" he said as he drew more closer to me and pecked me on my forehead. "I talked to one of my clients about him, she owns a mall in Abuja. He would now be working with her until I open another branch there"

"Wow!" I expressed,"But does that mean he's relocating there?" I asked.

"Well, yes... but he would be coming back every weekend. I had advised him to carry Safiya along when he's going so they could live there together but he refused, that he didn't want to end up forgetting about us here" he said making me to sigh. "By the way, how is my baby doing?" he asked referring to our unborn child. I mean, the one I was carrying right now.

"She's fine" I replied, sarcastically.

"She or he?" he said feigning upset.

"Ka fara ko? Mace ce mana (you've started right? Of course it's a girl)!" I rolled my eyes at him.

"Zamu gani tohm (we shall see)!" he said giggling at me.

***************

Sorry for the errors o! 😂

By the way, prepare for a time travel in the next chapter, make sure you've fastened your seatbelt.