Part 22

"Its beautiful." Ishita smiled eyeing the night light.

"Hmm." Came her husband's reply as he licked his ice-cream from the spoon.

"Raman, how can you not enjoy this?" She whined seeing his attention diverted. Sitting in the car bonnet, sincerely licking his ice-cream, she cooed at how cute he looked.

"I have seen this for hundredth time now." He shrugged making her gasp.

"You are so lucky." She muttered taking the ice-cream in her hand.

"Lucky? Tum nahi aayi yaha?" He asked tossing the paper in the side-by dustbin and she shook her head.
(Lucky? You have not been here?)

"Tum sach mai nahi aai?" He asked again pulling her between his legs as she lean against him and the car bonnet.
(Really?)

"Hamare paas koi vehicle nahi tha aur phir kabhi time hi nahi mila!" She shrugged back "kitna padna hota tha."
(We didn't have the vehicle and also I didn't get the time. Studying only would take my all time.)

Turning toward him, she pecked his cold lips before throwing the paper. Raman jumped back from the bonnet.

Both settled inside the car and he started the car. Raman smiled as she closed her eyes, enjoying the breeze from the open window.

"Saardi lag jaayegi Ishita." He muttered turning his attention back on the road, she smiled at his concern.
(You will catch the cold, Ishita.)

"Tum hamesha se Dentist banna chatinthi?" She turned her face toward him trying to catch the mocking behind his tone.
(You always wanted be a Dentist?)

"Aap hasoge toh nahi?" She asked before answering and he shook his head.
(You won't laugh, right?)

"Sab kuch . . .bas hogaya." She replied making him frown.
(It just . . . just happened.)

"Sab bas hota hi gaya. Maine 10th top kiya tha, 12th mai science mai scholarship milgaya." She continued playing with her fingers "Fir 12th mai college mai 2nd aagayai. Sabne kaha ki medical try karo acha hoga. MBBS mai naam nahi nikla aur BDS mai scholarship milgaya toh . . . "
(Its just happened. I topped in 10th so got science scholarship in 12th. Then I ranked 2nd second in the college. Everyone said I should try medical. I didn't seat in MBBS, but got  scholarship in BDS so . . .)

"Tumhe pasand nahi hai apna profession?" She couldn't help but smile at his questions.
(You don't like your profession?)

"One year tak mujhe bhi lagatha." She chuckled to herself missing his smile "Fir pata nahi, dhere dhere aacha lagne laga. Haa mujhe densist hi banna hai yesa nahi socha tha but if I get a chance I will do it again."
(I also sued to think that in the 1st year. But I don't know, it started growing on me. True I didn't ever think I would become dentist only but if I get a chance I will do it again.)

"Aapko toh pata hoga na hamesha se?" She asked after a minute a silence.
(You always knew right?)