Darling? More like shut up.

Nightmare was back in Swad's place. His castle. Square one.

...

Again.

He didn't dare let the psychotic bird see his anxiety spike rapidly in his soul. He didn't dare acknowledge the never-ending pain to scream and run and murder Swad on the spot. Because he needed him.

Not an emotional type of need.

A deal type of need.

Nightmare needed Swad to help him go across the multiverse. He needed that winged, delusional idiot to get back to his gang.

No. That didn't sound right to him. Nightmare needed to get back to his family. Not to his brother. To his kids. Cross, Killer, all of them, even Error. Every single person he had accepted into his group, his home, he needed to go to. He needed to find them all and wrap every single idiot in a firm, caring hug. A hug that he would be laughed at for, and for once he didn't seem to mind.

"Darling, what are you spacing out about?" Swad chirped, pulling Nightmare away from the fantasy. He hadn't even noticed Swad's cool, clever hands sneaking around his wast and dragging Nightmare into the bird's embrace. He hadn't noticed how Swad had Nightmare curled in his arms, like a baby or a sweet little animal in need. Nightmare was too tired to bother and pull away. To snap back and scream at Swad. He sat, curled in Swad's lap. Quiet, unmoving. "Darling~?" He tried again, this time his grip on Nightmare becoming more rage-fueled. More determined to make him speak up. Nightmare hissed at the new, dull-but-bright pain.

"Can't I just... not talk to you?" He muttered. Swad looked down at Nightmare. Pity, rage, boredom, it was all there. All boiling inside of Swad's bones. He sighed, flattening it all down. He didn't want his darling to think he was impulsive and unable to control his rage. He wanted to be seen as a strong, regal god who flicked away that kind of thing. Nightmare glanced up at Swad, obviously picking up how easily he stuffed it down and away. "So, when will we actually start looking for them all?" Nightmare tried. He knew Swad would try and avoid it, but he would shove him back onto subject.

"Tomorrow. Now, what do you want for lunch, darling?" Swad asked. Nightmare frowned.

"No. I want a genuine answer." He hissed, slipping out of Swad's arms. The other's face twisted with annoyance. Not the one that people learned to tolerate, the type where Swad would most definitely slap Nightmare hard if he was annoyed too far. "Are you gonna give me an answer or plot a fake one?" Nightmare snapped.

"Do not speak to me like that, darling. There can and will be consequences." Swad growled. He walked closer to Nightmare, grabbing him by the face fiercely and sneering. "You do not ever talk to me like that and if you dare snap like that again I will lock you to the ground and make sure you drown in a puddle of positive feelings until you are too disoriented to hold yourself up." he snapped. Nightmare smirked. How angry Swad was...

It was hilarious. It made Nightmare want to burst into laughter. He never saw his version of Dream let him anger get a hold of him.

"So you let your negativity get ahold of you? If you were really a good positive guardian you would learn to iron down your anger." He laughed out, amused. Swad gave Nightmare a death glare.

Then he pressed his mouth to Nightmare's and kissed him roughly. Rough, fierce, and careless. Nightmare's first response was to shove away. Shove away and scream at Swad. But his mind was fogged. Did Swad twist his mind? Was that something he could do? Could he fog up logic so others do what he wants?

Nightmare gasped at Swad's sudden change of position. Nightmare pressed close to him and Swad's hands wrapped around his waist. Nightmare shoved Swad firmly, gasping first air and dizzy.

"Don't...Don't do that. I'll cancel our deal and...and make sure to get Error to erase your multiverse." Nightmare huffed. He pulled farther away from Swad and stumbled to the far side of the room.

"That isn't a way to talk to me, now isn't it darling?" Swad purred.

"Don't. Do not call me darling." Nightmare snapped. He shook his head, attempting to brush away the nausea.

Why is everything so slow? Nightmare asked himself, hands pressed to his forehead. Swad walked to Nightmare's side. Or... did he drift? Float?

"Poor, poor stupid Nightmare. You should know that guardians of feelings can inflict and absorb the feeling they specialize in. So, I'm able to inflict positive feelings from any type of contact." Swad laughed coldly.

Of course. How he always took the negative feelings from the others when they were upset. Was he dumb?

Nightmare was pretty sure he was dumb.

But he knew that he would never allow Swad to call him darling again.