Oh, I'm still here. Fun.

Dust groaned, sitting up slowly. Everything burned- it felt like his body was on fire. He leaned against the headboard of the bed he was in, panting softly. How had he escaped those cracks? And a more important question, where was he? The skeleton slowly brought himself off of the bed, gritting his teeth as he limped his way to the door. "Come on..." He fumbled to grab the doorknob, his vision blurry and clouded. Did something happen? If something did, why couldn't he remember it that well? "Just-" Before he could snap something harsh at the door, it swung open, making him lose balance and fall to the ground.

"Dust! Shit- I'm sorry-" Nightmare knelt down and helped him stand back up with a worried expression. Dust leaned against the slimy feeling monster, his emotions a wide range of feelings like happiness for being near Nightmare, and anxiety for having no clue where he was. "Okay- first off- calm down before you do something stupid." 

Dust shakily nodded, taking in soft and slow breaths before backing away. "I- you- how-?" He stuttered out. Dust quickly sighed in annoyance and tried again. "Okay- what's going on?" 

"I may or may not have made a deal with a two faced idiot." Nightmare said quickly. Dust gave him a what the hell look, so Nightmare held back a groan and explained what had happened. Seeing them all fall into the cracks, stumbling into the other multiverse, coming across Swad, making that stupid deal... all the way to the current moment.

Dust nodded hesitantly. "So you're saying you have a crush on a horny bird and his only desire is probably to fuck you until you can't think?" He asked. Nightmare shook his head frantically, throwing a hand over the other's mouth. Dust pushed his hand away. "I'm not wrong though." 

"I- still-" Nightmare choked out. 

"Still what?" Swad chirped. Both of them looked up quickly to find the winged skeleton leaning on the doorframe, his jacket lazily flowing down. Swad's wings were neatly tucked at his sides, and his expression was smug. "So, what he said was true darling~?" Nightmare shook his head again.

"No! No no- Dust was just- talking about- something else! A-and even i-if I did have a tolerance towards you it certainly wouldn't be a-anything like being in love!" He hastily tried coming up with something, anything that sounded somewhat believable. 

Dust groaned and pulled his hood so it covered his face more than it already did. Nightmare actually was horrible at this. There was no doubt that Swad knew better than even faking to believe Nightmare's foolish words. 

Swad picked Nightmare up from the ground, making him yelp in surprise and try scrambling out of his grip. The winged skeleton simply gave Nightmare a kiss on the cheekbone before putting the negative guardian on his feet and walking away. 

"Wh-what was that?" Nightmare choked out. Dust shrugged, pulling himself to stand. "That doesn't help!" The other snapped.

"So? Me leaning against you doesn't help my stupid broken leg or bad vision. Now come on, I think he's making food." As he spoke, he fiddled with his scarf until it fell into his hand and Dust bent down to wrap his brother's item around his leg. He glanced up, gave the regular hallucination of his sibling an apologetic look, and limped over to follow the brighter-colored monster. 

For having a broken leg, he still was pretty fast. 

"Wait!" Nightmare ran until he was over at Dust's side, giving him a hard glare. "You can't just leave me- I might have made a stupid decision but I'm still your boss, dammit." The other shrugged again, finally reaching the kitchen and leaning against a countertop. 

Swad was in there, reaching into high cabinets to grab items so he could prepare breakfast. "How do you feel about bacon and pancakes?" Dust's response was a quick nod. How long had it been since he ate? It felt like a year after being stuck in those odd code-crack things. "Glad someone is excited for what I make," Swad gave Nightmare a sideways look, who growled at him. 

Dust grabbed his plate as soon as it was handed off to him, giving Nightmare a questioning look. He was definitely eager to eat it all at once, yes, but he didn't think it would be a good idea to eat before his boss even got his plate. Dust was starving, but not barbaric. He'd still respect the rules that were set for them all back at home, and one of them was to not eat until everyone got their plates. Nightmare nodded as soon as he touched his plate of food. Dust's eyes glistened with pure excitement and quickly stuffed his face, not bothering to put syrup or anything on his pancakes. He even reached to the center of the table where two plates were set out, one had pancakes on it, and the other had bacon on it. As Dust went to grab more, Swad slapped his hand and he pulled back with a glare. 

"Wait until someone else is finished." The winged monster said firmly. Dust groaned and sunk back into his chair, tugging at the strings of his hoodie impatiently as he waited. Nightmare cleared his plate a couple minutes after, and Dust jumped up to get a second serving. Swad just watched with a bored expression, slowly finishing his breakfast. 

Nightmare stood and took his plate to the sink, then made his way to the library as usual.

"So, Dust. That is your name, am I right?" Swad asked calmly. Dust nodded, still busy with eating. "May I ask why you're dirtying your dead brother's scarf by wrapping it around that bad wound?"

This question made Dust jolt to a stop. He glanced around, catching a quick flicker of Papyrus. He looked disappointed. And disgusted. Dust reached down and tugged it off his leg, giving Swad an 'I don't know what you mean' look. 

"And now it's on the ground. Do you really care that much about your sibling's death? Or was he just free XP like poor Toriel?" Swad cooed.

Dust slammed his hand on the table. "Don't. Talk about them. Like that." He growled.

Swad put his hands up innocently. "I was simply asking, no need to give me attitude." Dust frowned, getting out of his chair and kneeling down to snatch up Papyrus's belonging. He used the chair as support and stood. 

"Fuck you." He hissed before using the wall to walk the same direction Nightmare did. Dust squinted as the hallway got darker. "What is this place, a haunted castle..?" The skeleton grumbled under his breath. He shook his hand quickly, making a small and damaged bone with his magic. It glowed faint purple. "Stupid..." He held it out and tried searching for Nightmare, going from one room to another before finding two massive double doors and pushing them open. 

Nightmare was sitting on the ground, surrounded by at least twelve stacks of books. He glanced up at the sound of doors opening, but looked right back down when he knew it was just Dust. The hooded monster desummoned the bone magic and limped over to Nightmare, before collapsing to the ground in front of him. "Jesus fucking christ Dust! A warning would be nice before you just fall over!" He snapped.

Dust grunted and pushed himself up, pain spiking up his body. "Sorry about that."