The big L word

Nightmare was perched on his small chair in the library, knees hugged to his ribcage as he read. Dust sat on the ground near the chair. Instead of reading, like his boss, he was fiddling with some loose fabric on his jacket and staring aimlessly at the double doors to the library. there was a flump noise and both turned to the source.

It was Error. He stared at the item that fell, which was a book, and right back at the other two. "U-um. Hi...?" The glitched mess of a skeleton had tears in his already sloppy choice of clothing, and there was a large crack in one of the lenses of his glasses. The red item was bent in random places horribly, and he had to continuously adjust it until they rested on his skull somewhat normal.

"How are you even alive??" Dust said under his breath. Nightmare frowned and kicked his side lightly, shooting him a glare before standing and walking to where Error was. One of his dripping tentacles reached up to grab him, which made the glitch cringe and dig his hands into the rubber-feeling thing. He was set down on the ground somewhat gently, and Nightmare sat in front of him to check for any fatal wounds.

It was awkwardly quiet, with the sludge-covered monster silently feeling for cracks or cuts and the dark-boned glitch keeping himself from collapsing from the touch. Nightmare had to pause when the glitching Error was burdened with started effecting him as well. After the silent process, he nodded and pulled back. "Nothing horrible." 

Dust gave Error a questioning look, who responded with a confused shrug and trailed his fingers over old wounds that never had the proper treatment to heal. 

"So... who's gonna tell the chicken that there's another one of us here?" Dust asked. Nightmare turned around and glared at him. "What?! Seriously!! If we don't tell him someone could get hurt and possibly die!" He snapped defensively. 

"Wait, wh-hat are we ta-alking about?" Error cut in. "An-nd I'm hopi-ing you know that we are- we are in SwapDrea-am. I've looked into the-eir code a-and such. It's not really some-somewhere I'd like to stay." 

"Oh. We know." Dust gave Nightmare a bitter look.

"What was that for?" Nightmare spat. The hooded skeleton shrugged innocently. "I said, what was that for." He pressed. When the other didn't respond for a second time, a tentacle yanked at Dust's arm. "Answer the question!" 

"Get that nasty extra limb bullshit off of me!" Dust said sharply and smacked the thing away. Poor Error was left in the background to witness this, having no idea how to stop it. He debated on tugging lightly at another one of Nightmare's tentacles, but it would probably just react with curling around his hand and not letting go. Error bit his tongue, millions of debates of what he could do to break it up happening all at once. 

As if on cue, the two doors opened with a bang that made the three jump in unison. It was Swad, but instead of having the orange coat on top of his teal shirt, it was a sunset yellow coat and on the inside fabric it was an ombre of honey yellow and rusted orange with sequins to look like stars. His dress shirt was navy blue, and the pin fastened on his neck had an orange sun on a yellow background. Swad's wings were tucked back neatly, and a couple pale cyan jewels were noticeable against his golden wings.

Nightmare didn't expect himself to actually be amazed by the winged creature showing off his style. It was odd and a little mismatch-y, but also looked incredible. Fit for a king, his thoughts chirped. The tentacled monster stood and calmly approached Swad, trying his hardest to keep his voice steady as he spoke. "So what are you all dressed up for?" He asked slowly.