Big Surprise

Nightmare was used to this. A simple little schedule that he longed for a small change in, but knew damn well it would not change.

Wake up, say hello to Swad.
Eat (if up to it) then hide in library.
Proceed to do so unless it's lunch or dinner, and at those times go out, grab food, eat it quickly, then take a mad dash to the library.

His main goal: Don't let Swad touch him.

Why?

Because ever since his little "running away" incident, as Swad called it, Nightmare hated the idea of having a nasty bird man be near him and do something to him without Nightmare's knowledge or consent.

So why had it felt so relieving to Nightmare to just collapse in Swad's arms and borderline trust him? To carry him back and not just leave him as a defenseless pile of tar on the ground?

Cold shock slammed into Nightmare, making him stop what he was doing and flush deeply with embarrassment of his slow realization.

He was falling for a damn sadist.

"Oh my dear~ what has you so worked up to the point of feeling that much embarrassment?~" Swad asked, letting out a soft chuckle after he asked that. He looked inside of the library.

Nightmare sputtered to come up with the right thing to say, soon just shrugging like a fool and burying his face in the book he had in hand.

Swad was immediately behind the chair Nightmare was in, hands cooly sliding up Nightmare's back so they rested on his shoulders. The other shivered slightly at the touch. "Tell me~" He purred, leaning close to Nightmare so that if the two were human, Nightmare would feel Swad's breath on his neck.

"It-its not that important, really. Just... interesting... story plot."He said softly. Gripping the book in his hands tightly like his life depended on it.

"Are you sure?~ You know I don't like it when you lie to me~" Swad's mouth was just barely touching Nightmare's neck, making him go stiff and hold back a small and surprised noise.

"It's no-othing..." Nightmare choked out. Swad hummed, pulling away and smiling.

"So you finally realized?~" He said through a teasing giggle. Nightmare stopped his response from being spoken, not trusting his voice. "It finally came to you that I've swept you off of those pathetic, adorable feet?" Nightmare cringed at Swad's choice of words.

"I don't... I don't like you." He choked out.

"Oh~ but you love me~ I can basically hold the massive amount of embarrassment and other.. quite interesting feelings you have when I'm close. I wonder~ do you think of how it feels to be touched by me?~ Do you stay up at night, sick at yourself for all of the lewd things you daydream of me?~" As Swad talked in a teasingly slow and breathy voice, Nightmare felt more and more overwhelmed with the amount of warmth he was feeling. Was he sick? Or just getting overheated for some reason?

Nightmare didn't understand why this was happening. Swad did a horrible thing- he tricked Nightmare- but yet that bastard was right. Nightmare had fallen in love with Swad. He hated it so much- even the thought of the word love had made Nightmare cringe. But it had happened. After such a long time of putting off and pushing away love and anything related to it, he had been basically grabbed by the neck and thrown into it.