Almost.

Nightmare was tired. He was tired of being pushed around by Swad. He was angry and ready to find his gang and make everything somewhat normal again. As Nightmare stormed through Swad's castle, not bothering to hiss a small or short "hello" to Swad as he marched to the main exit. As he gave the winged skeleton a harsh and  enraged look, the negative guardian slammed the large doors open and ran.

Ran as fast as his broken, pathetic little body could make him go.

Panting and not daring to steal a glance over his shoulder as he swerved through fang-bared, claw-sharp bushes of thorns and shrubs of dead twigs that dug harshly into his jacket. Nightmare soon stumbled to a stop, kneeling over to recollect himself. He pressed a hand against a tree, using it as support as the tar-covered monster savored the peace in the new area. As he drank in the serenity of the calming and welcoming place, Nightmare felt a strong realization that it felt like home. It felt as if he was back in his au with no troubles, no psychotic birds, no jerks that made him feel horrible... just home. How it was supposed to be. Nightmare sank to the ground in relief, flattening himself against the grass. His eye flitted closed, and Nightmare felt a small spark of comfort come to life. A small thing that could either be nourished to life or snuffed easily. He liked the new-but-old feeling. He cherished it.

As Nightmare was ready to let his guard down, he heard soft rustling of undergrowth. He say up quickly and analyzed every inch of the spot, nearly letting our a startled cry as skeleton emerged from their hiding spot. They had a blue cape and under that, their outfit reminded him of his old one, when he and Dream lived undisturbed by humans and monsters. Their purple eyes we're dulled with exhaustion and boredom. A cigarette was near their face, tilted down slightly as if they had it with them at all times. Instead of the usual grey smoke that emitted from any other version of the item, the smoke started as a deep blue and it made an ombre to a grey-purple.

They pulled the item away from their face, giving him a disgruntled look. "Who are you?"

Nightmare frowned, backing away slightly. "I'm not saying." The other raised a skeletal brow and teleported to his side, kneeling down and getting smoke in his face. Nightmare's uncovered eye watered and he turned away from the stranger.

"Does this... Bother you?" They asked simply. Nightmare's response was a harsh glare, turning back to face the stranger so the two were giving each other hard glares. Their cigarette was angled so the smoke wafted over to Nightmare with a clear path, and his expression crumpled into a mix of disgust and pain. They pulled it away from him. "My bad,"

"Yeah, sure. Whatever." He hissed coldly, hardening his glare. Nightmare searched their expression, only to find a hint of curiousity in their dull eyelights. "... Nightmare. My name's Nightmare."

They looked troubled, then a fakly amused and dry laugh escaped their mouth. "Dream put you to this, didn't he? That's why he hasn't interacted with anybody for a while, you've been plotting with him!" Their expression dropped to a cold glare."Give me your name."

Nightmare felt a flare of rage roar to life and and he sat up straight and shot back the same hard glare as the other gave him. "My name is Nightmare, you little shit." He snapped.

"Well that's impossible, because this is my multi verse you're in, and unless your ink fucked up badly, you have no possible way to get here." The other monster retorted.

"My ink did indeed fuck up badly." Nightmare shot back.

"Well that means you're a version of me. Gross. What are you covered in? Octopus shit? Squid ink?" Nightmare's alternative said, clearly disgusted.

"It's hard to explain. Why do you smoke?" Nightmare cringed at the remote idea of smoking. For humans it ruined their lungs, and their bodies in general, and for monsters it ate away at their soul's energy.

"I have reasons." He flashed a smug grin at Nightmare. "Why are you in Dream's forest?" The other version of Nightmare gave him a look of horror and disgust. "Please tell me you aren't where I think you are."

Nightmare frowned. "If you mean at that disgusting bird's castle, then yes. I am." He crossed his arms. "It's hell."

The other backed away slightly. "I'm a fool. Why did I think I could interact with you? Do you know what he does? Do you know what Dream is known for?"

Nightmare growled at his alternative version. "Tell me." He snapped.

His counterpart quickly shook his head. "Dream's probably here, he's watching? Isn't he?" In an instant, he stood and ran, leaving his original version alone and without defense.

Swad jumped down from a branch in a tree he had been watching from for a while, bending down and slowly creeping up behind Nightmare. In a swift movement, his wings were tightly wrapped around Nightmare and His hands were tightly wrapped against the other, inflicting as much positive energy on Nightmare as he could. Not caring about what damage it could do.

Nightmare went wide-eyed and choked out a shout of horror, trying to break free of Swad's grip. He shook and tried calling out to his counterpart, trying to go against Swad's infliction with his own negative energy, but soon he was quaking with exhaustion and everything was spinning. He collapsed, drooping in Swad's arms. The winged monster scooped Nightmare up so his skull was rested on his shoulder, and cradled Nightmare's skull and pulled in up so he was able to treat his darling to a gift. Giving Nightmare multiple kisses on his unprotected neck, he purred out two words.

"Good boy."
~