The First Note

AU: Band AU

TW: Implied Homophobia

WC: 1621

Date: 8/18/2021

The warm sun lit up the world around him, filtering through the trees as Roman played his guitar, case open in the event someone felt like giving him a little change. It was a beautiful day, not too hot, not too cold, and his guitar was listening to each of his movements. He focused on this moment and this moment alone. He didn't worry about where he was going to sleep tonight, or the duffle bag in the trunk of his car which held all of his belongings. The day had its troubles, and they would find him, but until he was ready to face that head-on he would enjoy playing Disney Music on his guitar. "Go The Distance" was a classic and the upbeat tune would keep his spirits up.

"Excuse me sir, but you can't play here to collect money."

Roman looked up at the cop and then down at the money in his case. He had barely collected anything, and that really wasn't his goal, he had just been meaning to take his mind off the whole situation, even if he knew the money would have helped a lot for him. "Of course officer, I apologize, I didn't know." He began packing up his guitar case. The change in the case really wasn't much, he should think about getting a job, but how was he going to do that without a computer? He was screwed, wasn't he?

He hadn't really had a plan when he came out to his parents, he just kind of yelled it in anger after what they had done to his twin. At least Remus had his boyfriend Patton to go to, but Roman couldn't impose on them. He was going to need to find a way to get a job and make money. He sighed, rolling his shoulders as he looked up at the sky. "I could really use some help if you are there."

"Maybe I could help." The voice came from behind him and Roman turned around on his heels, looking over at the person coming towards him.

"I couldn't help but notice your playing earlier." A man walked up to him, a slight smirk playing on his lips. He looked familiar but Roman couldn't put his finger on it. He wasn't sure if he should be concerned and worried or if this really was his salvation in human form. He was attractive, but Roman knew better than to just trust a pretty face. Attractiveness and kindness didn't always go hand in hand.

"I do hope you enjoyed the performance."

'Always put on a kind face.' Roman reminded himself. 'You can't take back being rude once you have done it.'

"I did, though I wonder if you can play anything more interesting than Disney."

"Excuse you! Disney is one of the most interesting genres there is considering it technically spans multiple genres. Their music is composed by a wide variety of people and always tells a story where good wins. There is always hope in a Disney movie." He crumpled at the end of his words, holding on tighter to his guitar. Real-life wasn't always like Disney and sometimes the good guys didn't win. He really hoped he wasn't about to be robbed, he didn't think he could handle the extra

"Alright, alright, you can keep your Disney." The mand was looking him up and down with a calculating eye, "but my band does play songs that have a bit more kick than your good aways wins songs. We also just lost a member," He looked at his nails, pretending he wasn't super interested, even though he was wearing gloves. "You can try out if you are interested?"

The man flipped his hand over and produced a card, it seemed like from thin air. "Maybe we can get you more than just a few coins in your case."

Roman took the card, looking at it. It looked legit but business cards were pretty easy to print, weren't they. He flipped it over in his hand a few times. It had a band name he felt like he recognized but the font was hard to read. Written on the back were a time and location. Was he really going to do this? Maybe he should check out the place first.