Unexpectedly Positive

AU: Supernatural Creatures AU

TW: Car crash, mild Injury

WC: 1551

Date: 8/27/2021

There was a ringing in Logan's ears as he felt every bone in his body ache. His mind couldn't piece together where he was, why he hurt, or why everything was so blurred and unfocused. Thoughts came to him as a muddled trickle instead of the stream he was used to until the dam broke all at once. He was in his car; he was upside down; he was lucky to have survived at all. However, his luck must have run out with that, his glasses were long gone and he couldn't seem to gather his thoughts enough to come up with a plan to escape. Not to mention, with the amount of pain he was in, he doubted he would be able to make his way anywhere. He had been driving alone, in an area without cell reception, on the side of a cliff.

He was metaphorically screwed.

Maybe he could find a way out of the car but there was no guarantee, and letting himself out of his seat right now would send his already bruised body falling to the roof, however, hanging here would send the blood to his head, which wasn't good either. He couldn't remember why.

Then came the howling. It echoed through the night and through Logan's already aching mind. He was certain he had to be bleeding, the wolves would smell it and come, wouldn't they? He couldn't run, he had nowhere to go, he didn't want to die here.

His thoughts were interrupted by the sound of sniffing. He turned to look in that direction and immediately regretted it. Not only did it make his head hurt but he came face to face with a wolf. There was no color left to drain out of his face as the animal stuck its nose into the broken window. It gave a few more test sniffs before pulling away from the car. The beast's eyes were a striking blue, not a color Logan expected to see in wild wolves. If his head did not ache, he might have appreciated it. However, now was not the time for scientific appreciation.

He was trying to survive.

Logan dared not let a sigh, he didn't want to do anything that would entice the wolf to return.

It began to walk away, and Logan thought for a moment he could relax. He let out a breath, slow, quiet, and shaky, then suddenly, his car was flipped right side up, back into a more natural position. The door on his side was torn open and Logan looked up to see a muscular man with the same blue eyes as the wolf, staring at him with a sharp, toothy grin. He wasn't sure if it was his fear or the pain, but his world quickly went dark.

~~~~~

Waking up from unconsciousness was never fun, even more so when said unconsciousness was from passing out rather than getting actual sleep. His body felt stiff and heavy, and the world around him felt like too much and too little all at once. He missed the warm sheets of his bed and the sunlight waking him up gently. Why was he not in his own bed?

It was only as the fog of his mind began to clear that he remembered part of that had to do with the fact that he was in a car crash. How was he still alive? No one was going to be able to find his car just by passing by, and the wolves were out.

The wolves.

He shot up, trying to look around, wincing as every part of his body ached.

"Hey now, take it easy, you were kind of hurt," a soft voice said as a gentle hand helped him to lay back down.

"Who-" Logan wasn't able to finish his sentence as he began coughing and a wooden bowl was brought up to his lips. He drank the water more greedily than he should have. "How long was I out?" He decided on that question, as he was more disoriented than he expected.