Villain to Boyfriend Speedrun [Virus]

AU: Super power & College AU

TW: Sexual Innendo, mentioned ableism

WC: 1589

Date: 8/25/21

There were few things in this world more irritating than long-winded teachers, at least, that was Remus' opinion. Honestly, the only reason he had even decided to go to college was because stress was a great factor for bringing out villains. A mix of people getting their first-ever taste of freedom while also falling under the pressures of the so-called "real world". No longer emotionally supported by their family, or finding out they never were, it was such a chaotic mess, and Remus liked being able to stop those who thought they could rise to power just because they had a little strength.

People with powers weren't necessarily rare, but they weren't a majority. A lot of powers were simple and mundane, things that didn't pose much threat to society, but other powers were fantastical. Remus thought any power could be fantastical if you knew how to use it.

For example, he and his brother could draw anything and pull it into the real world, including lightsabers. Though, their creations never lasted for more than an hour. This meant with a sketchbook and a pencil, Remus could dream up anything he wanted to. Roman's immediate thought was to use those powers to help people, even when he had been a little kid, and Remus might have been fine with him going off and being a goodie two shoes if it weren't for the fact that his brother was dumb. He got himself into dangerous situations with no way out and "evil twin" be damned, he wasn't going to let his brother die. He was the only one who got the honor of killing Roman.

As Remus brought a drawing to life, something too lanky to really be considered a cat, he turned his attention to the student sitting in the front row. Each day he had come into class with his hood up, hiding himself from the world, but he sat in the front where the teacher and other students could easily see him. He looked two or three years older than most of the students taking this class and his leg always bounced as the teacher lectured, no matter what the material was.

Remus had seen him go and talk to the teacher more than once but their professor always seemed a bit curt with him.

That was the type of person who became a villain if they had powers, so Remus wanted to intervene before it got too far. It was fun knocking down assholes who thought they were owed something by society, less fun knocking down people who had reached the end of a rope. Sometimes they had to stop people, even if their anger and frustration were justified.

"Remus, get your creepy... cat?" Roman obviously wasn't sure what it was, "Off of me!"

"Nah, he likes you, bro!" But Remus didn't look at his brother, instead, his eyes followed the hooded student, watching as he once again went up to talk to the professor. "Tell ya what, I'll make the cat go away if you trust me and walk away."

"What?"

"Just trust me."

Roman must have followed where Remus was looking because after another moment he nodded. "Okay, I'll trust you, but I'm waiting just outside for you."

Remus nodded, snapping the cat away and pulling up his sketchbook, just in case.

The conversation below him was getting heated and Remus drew, just doodling, for now, filling his armory with eldritch horrors. The student pulled out a piece of paper, showing it to the professor and pointing at it in frustration. His whole body was shaking.

Remus was ready to fight. His tension rose with the students until the situation seemed to diffuse. The student backed up and Remus relaxed just a little. Then their professor apparently needed to get in one last jab, there was a blur of black and suddenly the student had the professor pinned to the wall, but before any real damage could be done, he backed off, looking up at Remus, his face going pale as he ran.