4. Mental Debates, Parties, & Pinky Promises

He wants to go to the party

He wants to go to the party. He wants me​ to go too.

It's not that I hate high school parties, I just hate the thought of a bunch of underage high school kids getting so drunk they end up puking their guts out in someone's bathroom. Or they get so high, on God knows how many drugs, they get delusional or start doing stupid shit. Or the fact that people will drug your drink and take advantage of your drugged state. How horrible. Oh, and the fact that the only food that seems to be at high school parties is pizza and chips. The most unhealthiest food on the planet. Sue me for wanting to eat healthy!

Let's momentarily forget about my chocolate chip cookie obsession...

Plus, the cheerleaders! Don't get me started on the girls trying to hit on my best friend. Maybe some are decent, but the majority act like the football players best friends. All they want to do is have fun with them for a night. Like girl, he doesn't want to hook up with you, move on! Bring your fake peppiness somewhere else. Thank you!

Lilianna, it's not like the football players are that much better!

Okay so maybe I do hate high school parties...

I have been having a mental debate with myself about this party after the football game Friday night. Cole claims he still has to think about if he wants to go or not, but I see right through him. I can tell it would mean a lot to him if I were to go, which is apparently the only way he's going.

As much as I hate high school parties, I know that Cole would stick by me the whole time. I know that if I said I was uncomfortable and wanted to go home, the second I say so we would be out the front door. I know Cole, and I know when he said he wouldn't do anything irresponsible, he meant it. It's not that I don't trust him, because I do. I trust him. I trust him with my life. Colson Kane Miller, one of the only people on this Earth I trust. I just don't trust other people. People who are potentially, going to be drunk off their faces and higher than a kite.

Yeah, no thanks.

"Lilianna!" My Yearbook teacher, Ms. Grant says to me, for what seems to her like the millionth time.

Snapping out of my mental debate, I respond with a semi audible, "Yes."

"You are going to the football game Friday, right?"

"Yes, I am. I can work the event if needed," I say, responding with a smile. I offer to take photographs of the game for the Yearbook, feeling guilty for being off in class. Well that, and the fact that I am the student advisor.

"That would be perfect. Stay after class to discuss something with me, please,"

"Of course," I say, freaking out on the inside. What if I did something wrong? What if I didn't turn something in on time? What if she doesn't think I'm fit to be the Yearbook Student Advisor? What if she removes me from the position?