6. Stadium Lights, Football Quarters, & Winning It For You

I pull into a parking spot by the school football stadium

I pull into a parking spot by the school football stadium. Once the car is fully parked, I take the keys out of the ignition and turn to Lilianna. "Do you mind holding the car keys or should I put them in my bag with all my gear?"

"Your stinky bag with your gross football equipment?" she asks with sarcasm clear in her voice, "Yeah, no thanks. I think your Mom would appreciate it if your car keys didn't smell like freshly mowed grass mixed with rotten eggs," she finishes and takes the black car keys fairly roughly out of my hands.

"Hey hey! Be careful! I need those keys for my precious Lilianna! So calm down girl," I reprimand her. I seriously did not like the way she just took the keys out of my hand. What if something happened? My car is my beauty, well her and Lily.

"Listen Cole, I know I am precious but-"

"Not you," I cut her off.

"Ouch!"

"That's not what I meant. You are precious to me. More than you know, more than I could ever put into words. Trust me Lil, you mean the fucking world to me. I would not be complete without you in my life," I say in a no bullshit tone. Because it's true. Every word of it is true.

I can't ever lose her, I would lose myself. She's my world. I'd do anything for her. She's been through so much at such a young age, and she doesn't trust people because of it. It still shocks me that she trusts me, Colson Kane Miller. I will do anything and everything in my power to protect this girl. Whether she realizes it or not, the day she told me everything, laid it all on the table, was the day she put her heart in my hands. She has a fragile heart, she's a fragile soul, she's made of glass. Precious, beautiful glass. Some people in her life that she thought were supposed to be there forever, to protect her, already broke her sweet heart not so long ago. I will not be one to follow their actions. I will not shatter her beautiful heart that is made of glass. If I ever do, I will forever hate myself for it, never, ever forgive myself.

I realize I've spaced out and turn to look at Lilianna again and she is just sitting there, staring at me, without an expression on her face. I just stare into her beautiful brown eyes. She has never liked her eyes, but I could look into them for the rest of my life. Her gorgeous honey brown eyes are staring into mine when she breaks the silence.

"Wait, so who's the other Lilianna?" she asks and her expression flickers between confusion and curiosity.

"My car," I respond so bluntly and it takes her a second to piece together the information.

"Y- you named your car after me?" she asks, voice cracking. I nod solemnly and we both start laughing. "I don't know if I should be creeped out or touched," she adds and we burst into another fit of laughter.

After we have calmed down, she still seems to be in a state of shock. "You seriously named your car? What's next? Does your dick have a name?"

"Of course not, that's just weird," I say grossed out.