5. One Of The Lucky Ones, Outfit Dilemmas, & A Gentleman

"Here's the camera," Ms

"Here's the camera," Ms. Grant says to me as she hands me the Canon EOS R5 I will be using to photograph the football game tonight. "You can upload the pictures from the SD card onto your computer and email them to me over the weekend, or we can just do that Monday during class."

Taking the camera from her hand and putting the strap around my neck, I respond with, "Thank you. I'll see you on Monday."

"See you Monday, Lilianna."

I walk out of the classroom and head to where Cole parked his car this morning. He must have seen me walking to his car, because when I reach the vehicle, he already has the passenger side of his black Audi opened. "You need some help there Lil?"

"No I'm good," I say as I slide my heavy backpack off my back and onto the floor of the car. Cole makes his way to the driver's side of the car and gets in. I take the camera from my neck and set it down on the car console. I hop in the car and shut the door. After putting my seatbelt on, I take the camera from the console and set it on my lap. I take a deep breath of the cool air, as Cole put the AC on before I got in the car.

Only then do I register the fact that the car isn't moving and Cole is staring at me.

"Why are you staring at me weirdo?" I ask, looking at him and laughing. Instead of answering, Cole just looks at me, shakes his head and starts laughing. "What?" I say but he again, doesn't answer. "Is something wrong? Do I look funny?" Cole continues to laugh.

"You're crazy, Lilianna," he says after calming down.

"You've known that for a long time," I say, matching his playfulness, "Now drive us home you dumbass."

He chuckled and put the car in reverse, pulling out of the school parking lot. I connected my phone to the bluetooth audio in his car start to make a very difficult decision. Which song will I play to annoy Colson Kane Miller today?

I am currently debating between 'Little Black Dress' by One Direction, 'Heartbreak Girl' by 5 Seconds Of Summer, 'Picture To Burn' by Taylor Swift, or I could be bold and choose 'FRIENDS' by Anne-Marie and Marshmello. Hmmm. Decisions, decisions... No matter what song I chose, I will be extremely dramatic with it. Because I am Lilianna Grace Welt, and that is how things roll around here.

If I play 'Little Black Dress' Cole will probably think my feminism is non-existent.

Girl, your feminism has been on hold since you read The Deal. But whatever... great book though!

I mentally cross that song off my list, and before I can run through the list of pros and cons to all the other songs, Cole says, "You're mentally debating which song to play to annoy the hell out of me, aren't you."

"Awww, you know me so well," I say, blowing him a kiss.

"Good Lord, Lilianna. Must you really annoy me on the day of the first football game of the year?" He groans.