{1}

The sound of birds singing resonated around the kingdom as they flew around the enormous and secure royal walls. Throughout the Namikaze-Uzumaki kingdom, Banners and festive decorations could be seen. The announcement that Queen Kushina Uzumaki is expecting a second child sparked celebrations and festivities in the lovely realm. Children were running left and right with bright and joyous faces, and the city's center was packed with stalls in honor of the royal baby's impending birth. Kites in the air, confetti strewn about, and music bouncing throughout the city center as people laughed and danced.

Inside the palace walls, however, there were small feet rushing down a long hallways towards a massive entrance that was heavily guarded. Through the corridors rushed a tiny boy with long flaming red hair, dazzling violet coloured eyes, and a rare three whisker markings on his cheeks. Ignoring his personal nurse and maid's repeated anxious shots. The fact that he was the heir to the throne, as well as the stubbornness he inherited from his mother, made this boy unique.

When the young boy finally arrived at his destination, he immediately knocked on the door, ignoring the entire staff of the establishment. In the boy's mind, there is just one thing he wants to accomplish. Go see your parents. The prince's guards gave him a shocked and anxious look as he appeared to be on the approach of busting down the doors.

They were relieved of their worries as the king opened the large doors, glancing around the area in search of the source of commotion. However, when he saw his grumpy son's face, his frown softened. Bending down to his son's level, his father whispered something into his son's ear, causing a faint smile to grow across his tiny face and allowing the guards, nurse, and maid to relax while his father lifted him up to his room.

The king allowed the guards stationed behind their room doors to close them, restoring their privacy. The queen is located in the corner of the room, smiling down at her swelling belly and gently caressing it. After releasing the little prince, the king knelt down and pointed to his wife's swelling belly to explain things to him.

"In there is where your baby sibling is, you're going to be a big brother Kurama," the king said softly, prompting the prince's eyes to widen in surprise. He never considered having a younger sister or bother, not even once. As a result, when his father said 'big brother,' the prince couldn't help but feel happy and responsible for his younger sibling's safety.

As her son's expression brightened, the queen gently laughed as her smile widened. She then realized that there was someone who could look after her new baby while she and her husband were gone. Her hand motioned for her son to come over, and the prince quickly obeyed and was by his mother's side, but his gaze remained fixed on her stomach. "Is the baby a boy or a girl?" with a questioning look on his face, Kurama gently inquired of his parents. As the king took up his kid and gently pecked his forehead, the queen gently shook her head.

"We only found out about your mother's pregnancy today Kurama," The king informed his son. "We won't know the gender for a few months." Kurama nodded as he took in the information and smiled at his mother's belly, pledging to guard his new sibling to the death. "So that's why people are celebrating outside, but why didn't I notice until I got to your room?" Kurama asked his parents with a grimace on his face, dissatisfied with the fact that he had been kept in dark about his new sibling.

The king and queen exchanged glances before gently chuckling at their grumpy prince's antics. His happiness was expected to come to an end as he would find some excuse to become gloomy. The king knelt down again and poked his son in the nose, prompting the prince to back away. He doesn't like his parents' antics with him. "Would you accept our apology if we said we were sorry? Kurama?" With a sweet smile, the king inquired as he saw his son cross his arms in irritation and stick his tongue out.