{3}

As the years passed, the two princes grew closer than they had ever been. In the palace garden, a six-year-old boy played around with his ten-year-old brother. They were, however, continuously followed by a bodygaurd, which was unlike the seclusion Kurama was used to. "Can I ask you a question, Nii-san?" Naruto inquired as he observed his older brother sit on the grass next to him. Naruto's bodyguard positioned himself behind the young prince in order to keep an eye on him.

Kurama nodded and glanced at his brother, waiting for him to ask the question that had been on his mind. Naruto gazed at the ground for a moment before turning to face his older brother, his sparkling blond bangs fell on his face and partially obscured his lovely sapphire blue eyes. "Why aren't we allowed to go out?" Naruto inquired, his gaze fixed on his brother, expecting a sensible response. Kurama, on the other hand, wanted to play with his younger brother in an attempt to aggravate him.

Kurama smirked and cocked his head to the side, causing his long fiery hair to sway to the right. Ha had a puzzled expression on his face. "but what exactly do you mean by that? We've already stepped outside," he answered as he attempted to hide his growing smirk as he saw Naruto's perplexed look change into a little frown with a pout. When the young prince crossed his arms to express his irritation and fury, Kurama burst out laughing, instantly turning Naruto's frown upside down as he watched his brother laugh.

Kurama signaled for Naruto to approach him as he recovered from his laughing fit. Naruto crawled over to his older brother and sat in front of him, as per his instruction. Kurama immediately wrapped his younger brother in a tight hug and inhaled deeply. "Naruto, you can't go out because it's dangerous out there for you, but you don't have to worry, I am here for you, I will protect you," Kurama explained as he caressed Naruto's messy hair with a little smile on his face, allowing Naruto to relax into his grip. The young prince nodded as he listened to his brother's explanation, not wishing to argue with him at all.

Naruto's bodyguard took out his book as they sat in silence, realizing there was no threat within the palace garden. The young prince, Naruto was on the edge of falling asleep as his older brother continued to stroke through his hair, the guard continued to watch the two princes sit in peace. When Kurama looked up from his brother, he saw his guard looking down at them. He raised his brow and stared at the guard, unsure whether he wanted to ask him a question or inform him of something. The guard, however, gave him an eye smile and looked down at his book once again, causing Kurama to growl under his breath. He didn't want his little brother around a perverted creep who reads their perverted godfather's screwed up novels.

"Is there something wrong, your highness?" the guard asked as he set down his book and turned to face the young prince in front of him, who glared at him with a low growl. Due to the mask covering half of his face, Kurama couldn't see what expression the guard was wearing, but he knew he didn't like Naruto's personal guard. The queen, who strolled into the garden with a pleased smile, interrupted the prince before he could answer him.

"Oh my, did Naruto doze off?" The queen inquired of her eldest son, who responded with a nod, not being a man of many words. His mother sat next to her son on the gleaming green grass, and Naruto was transferred from Kurama's embrace to hers. She delicately straddled him, kissed his forehead, and looked down at him, he truly came out as his father. Looking away from her sleeping son and towards her grumpy son, his personal guard and her husband's former pupil, she sensed the tension in the air between them right away. Kurama was adamant that Naruto's bodyguard was a 'pervert' in her son's eyes, and he didn't like him at all.

"Kurama, leave Kakashi alone, he hasn't let us down yet, Naruto is now six and still with us, so he is doing a fantastic job guarding our little fox cub," Kushina reasoned as she smiled down at her sleeping son, but Kurama was a hard sell; he is glad Naruto is safe, but the thought of his baby brother's bodyguard being a total pervert is another matter entirely. Regardless, Kurama nodded to satisfy his mother and make his brother happy because Naruto thinks Kakashi to be rather interesting to be around.